Canvas Belt= Trooperbay

Rubber Gloves= Trooperbay

Hand Plates = Trooperbay

Neck Seal= TK409

Holster=FISD Vern/Bondservant

Thermal Det Clips = custom

Inner Drop Boxes = custom

Communications: iComm/Aker amp with throat mic

EIB submission link here (contains Centurion level details, AND DUPLICATED BELOW):

http://forum.whitear...showtopic=18983

New photos addressing detailed comments by Locitus for obtaining Centurion shown below:

Raised drop boxes:

IMG_2526.jpg

New knee bottom curves:

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

I also brought in the left shoulder, reshaped the bells so they sit better over biceps and arranged my neck trim to hide under the vocoder.

More pictures can be provided 'in armor' in a week or so if necessary.

DUPLICATED PICS FROM EIB SUBMISSION:

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7344.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

IMG_7342.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7328.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7327.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7335.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

Thank you for your time and consideration!

Long live the Emperor!

Edited by TFDarkside

Hi

Did you have elastic straps across the shoulder bells? You never said in your EIB thread.

I would suggest you get that if you haven't, and that you move the knee belt further down, so the rivets are attached to the raised edge at the bottom of the thigh (and rivets positioned in the corners of the knee belt).

Those things may not be in the requirements of Centurion, but I'd would be more confident in approving you if you did. I believe, and I think you do too, that Centurion should also mean going above and beyond, leading by example.

Apart from that, I think this will be easy. It's a great armour you've put together. :duim:

Thank you for your comments and consideration.

I am of the no-strap camp, but will consider it again.

I do think moving the knee belt down a bit would look better, but I'll probably have to get a new one as I won't like the look of the patched old holes.

A huge thanks to Mike/TK-1636 for all his help and wisdom in assembling it!

Back to my post!

Having straps across the shoulder bell keeps it from flopping around if you move your arms up and down. Also, it's screen accurate. ;)

Thanks for considering my suggestions!

Oh, and would you mind telling me more about the helmet details? Are those decals or do you just have a really steady hand? The lines in the tears (picture of rear trapezoids is too blurry to tell) are very very straight.

Thanks again for your time, but I'm not going to make my armor look worse to achieve Centurion status. I easily trimmed the knee belt corners more but lowering the back riveted sides down 3/4 of an inch and patching the old holes with ABS paste (not my favorite medium; I notice a little color change from the acetone and know I can't make it look like new) is just not worth it to me.

I might check to see if I can get just a new ATA knee belt in the same ABS color and replace it someday.

Perhaps drop box height and other details should be made official requirements for Centurion, then interested people will know what criteria to shoot for in the first place.

Thanks again for your efforts and I still enjoyed making my armor!

Long live the Detachment.

Yes, I do feel some additional notes could be added to the Centurion specs on how the knee belt should be installed and sniper knee plate trimmed (not an issue in your case, but I see it too often in builds), being part of what I consider correct assembly.

Technically you should be approved because you have all the boxes checked, but I think both you and me would be happier knowing that no visible flaws can be found. :)

If you disagree with me, don't mind saying so. This needs to be a transparent process, and through community discussions it may lead to improvements to what level of detail should be in the specifications.

If you do choose to get a replacement knee belt and do the mod, just post it up and we'll take it from there.

In the meantime, be proud of a near flawless armour. You make your garrison proud. :duim:

I've started up a little discussion in the the staff area and part of that conclusion is that you most definitively should be approved with your armour as-is.

Congratulations trooper! :salute:

Awesome! Thank you!

Thank you all for your help!

I think the kit looks great and it is a result of all the great work the Detachment has done. What an incredible resource.

I'm off to intimidate the unruly!

Long live the Empire!

Sometimes it's a fight, it is always a battle, but you and everyone else knows it is to make your armor the best it can be. Congrats Tim!!!!!! Nice looking armor. Well done!!!