Rubies Vader questions

AbrahamLINC0LN

Hey there folks. I'm on my build for a TK and was chatting with my best friend who owns a Rubies Vader costume. Does anyone know the kind of work required to make it 501st acceptable? How much money can he expect to spend on it roughly.

To all trolls: yes I know there is a SLD forum but I do not want to join/register for it, nor do I expect my friend to. I would just like some simple info so I can go back to him and say you will need to do things like this, that and the other and you can expect to spend ___ amount of money to get it up to snuff.

I can't tell you exact numbers but more or less none is acceptable without modifications, most won't pass at all. I had the same idea and I found out a person can put 2 to 3k in a Vader costume.

Short answer: An insane amount of work. I think the only version it can pass off as is ROTS and you have to replace some 70% of the suit anyway just for that one.

You can use the same account for FISD as you do for SLD. Last I checked.... we share usernames and passwords :) There is a wealth of information on modifying the rubies on SLD.

The shoulder armor and undersuit are about the only things salvageable. Even so the shoulder armor needs some modification and paint. Unless you're handy with bondo and fiberglass... and are unemployed with a family or kids... or you're Jesse and never sleep... just put the helmet on your shelf to display.

I don't mean to be jerky but... if you're not willing to do the work to research it on SLD you may not be ready to embark on the journey that is making the rubies look right. It's a crapton of work.

Aloha,

-Eric

The person I know who modified a Rubies DV went into great depth about the mods. If only I had tape recorded that lunch! I'd be happy to ask him some questions for you.

He did say the SLD was a great resource for that, so I wouldn't be shy. Like FISD, they probably have all kinds of helpful souls who can supply some of the parts and/or know how best to acquire or make them, and what passes. At worst, lurk... though I know Sith Lords can be kind of intimidating around us simple troops. :lightemperor:

I was just telling my friend about my TK build and I brought up his Vader costumer (that he complains is hot as ballz) and that he could possibly fix it up. But the apparent answer is if he is interested in taking up this hobby, he'd really just want to sell the Vader costume and start from scratch

After spending almost 5 hours in a Vader costume in Hawaii I'm here to tell you it's nut melting... But worth every second :)

If he wants to part it out let me know... I am looking to buy rubies supreme stuff.

Aloha,

-Eric