Making AM fit a skinnier person.

Hmm I'm 5"8 about 67 to 69 kg. I'm skinny but not anorexic. I haven't bought it, but its within my top considerations because:

Ā 

1) Its already trimmed and Its easier to build apparently ( I have no confidence or any experience with handiwork)

Ā 

2) ITs cheap!

Edited by Yoma_mafat

It can totally be done. I'm 5'10" and only ~120lbs and I made FX armour fit me. However, it's a whole heap of extra work. As Steve said, you may be better just getting armour that fits from the get-go.

Ā 

ATA is in roughly the same price range as AM.

Sure, it's not trimmed, but you're going to have to trim AM to make it fit nicely anyway.

Ā 

Also, don't panic about the handiwork- everyone here will be happy to help you out, we all learn by doing.

don't go for cheap!

Ā 

AM is far too large without using skills you don't want to use.

Ā 

get a smaller kit from ATA works in ABS.

Ā 

cheap and accurate!

I would suggest ATA instead. I'm 5 foot 8 inches and about 145 lbs and ATA fits perfect. I built an AM to fit a slimmer build, but it's a lot more work than trimming a kit that's already properly sized.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Saying that it comes trimmed, but when you also say that you're skinny, you WILL have to trim just so it fits. Plus, trimming is not big deal, with the huge amount of references here on FISD you shouldn't be worried about anything at all.

I recomment AP for you.

I am nearly same size and fitting the AP was a charme.

Its a bit smaller and since we have nearlY actor size and weight this might be your best choice.

And its a nice looking piece of plastic.

What everyone above stated is true. The AM kit on you would be quite loose and the amount of trimming and Modding to make it fit your body type would take a lot of work, more work then you may think. It will require you to trim all aspects of the armor not just a few pieces, your going to want to have a different bucket as the AM bucket is not accurate. I've seen a garrison mate's AM kit next to my ATA kit and there is a huge difference in size. You would be better of with ATA, AP, TM you'll find that trimming a kit is not to bad compared to modifying one that is to large for your build. Also you may want to consider if you want to achieve EI or Centurion you may have to replace some of the AM parts for other more accurate pieces. Contact your local garrison I'm sure they would be more then happy to help with the build.