Helmet doesn't match armor

So I decided to buy the efx stunt helmet to go with my older set of fx armor. Mainly I did it because I did not realize building a helmet wasn't the hardest thing in the world. Now I know better.

But... The efx helmet is a lot brighter than the fx armor. Now I haven't polished the fx yet (it was a second hand set) but would this help it to match better?

I would'nt worry too much Jamie. Alot of the helmets in the film didn't match the armour either so far as I'm aware. You can always upgrade the lid at a later date that matches better.

also one thing that you have to understand is that unless you get armor all made from teh same batch of plastic you will almost never get matching colors as they differ from batch to batch. Cleaning it up or polishing might help but be warned it most likely will never match. If it does bother you you can always paint the whole kit so they do match.

I'm with Rob though, I wouldn't worry about it. I have biceps that are slightly different color but you really have to look to see it. Most photos you'll never notice.

Polishing can help a bit- get some of the white T-cut (not the standard clear stuff). Once you've gone over the whole kit about 100 times, you'll notice it's all starting to look the same colour.

Made my helmet look more like the rest of my kit.

It's still not perfect, but it gets it a few shades closer. As sais above, the real stuff was all mismatched anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I am over it now. Bugged me at first. I did swap out the lenses, removed the mouth mesh and added the proper ear screws. So far much happier. But will replace it soon I am sure. Well before celebration vi along with my armor.