SDS ARMOR?

Well mister Carbonite constructive jenius,

pumkin bomb who started this conversation replied with a humorous interjection so maybe you need to look at your critical attitude and see who is out of track !!!!!

Edited by Quebectrooper

No you look ... hahaha

Matt if you didn't criticise me here in the first place maybe this thread would be clean !

Maybe if you smiled today everyone would be happy !

This is a discussion forum and everyone can show theyre opinion not theyre criticisim its in the guidelines.

Show me in the guidelines where it says to not have a sense of humour .

Have a nice day.

Darn it Pat! Now you have me second guessing myself. Was RT-Mod the way to go or should I have went femtrooper? Sounds like Stephen is on the right track, though. I'm never heard anyone complain that they went with TM. Good luck!

Edited by xaoslord

Right guys now i need to ask if i go TM do i chose the 2mm ACRYLIC CAPPED ABS or the 1.5mm ABS... I have been told the 2mm is high gloss but more breakable and the 1.5mm is super flexible... Having never seen either in the flesh have you guys got any advice which is best to go for.... I want something that displays well but also that i can regularly troop in...

There is two different types of strapping too??? Man this ain't easy... choices SO many choices????

You won't go wrong with either the 2mm or the 1.5 mm. Same thing with the strapping. Both come with pros and cons.

The 2 mm really feels like armour when you wear it, but the 1.5 might be slightly more durable but not as glossy. 1.5 mm turns out to be more like the original armours as well.

Just go with either one you like best. If I'd do it again I'd go 1.5 mm and original strapping (got bitten by the accuracy bug), but at the same time my 2 mm with "new" strapping has held up for some heavy duty trooping and serves me perfect for that. I don't believe the 1.5 mm would do any worse, I just have no personal experience with it.

From what I have experienced so far....

1.5 mm moves and folds/bends just like the originals.

2mm bit more durable BUT do not leave to much return edge on parts as it will micro crack with stress ( especially the chest piece ).

Having said that , I have the 2mm and could not be happier. B)

TM armour is super sexy - even more sexy than Jessica Alba in some lingerie carrying a bacon sandwich.

My armour is a mystery, but if I was ever to upgrade and had the cash, I'd go for a TM. But that's not to say that other armour makers don't make great sets of armour, because they do.

Hi Stephen,

There are lots of us in the UKG only too willing to help you make your suit dude.

I've just helped a chap near me, Dean Self, make his full suit of TM. We're only too glad to help, promise :) Sadly, I live in Cardiff.

I even helped Ricky in the post above ;)

Shop around, there's no rush.

Welcome!

John

Edited by john danter

Hey John, i'm not going to rush as i am torn between TK and TD, It has taken me 30 odd years to get this far....But want to make sure i can get all bits required before i make the commitment and that i feel capable of doing the weathering..... Either way i am pretty sure i will get the suit from TM... If i do go Sandtrooper i would get the 1.5 ABS as it wont matter if it is less glossy.... I really do love the look of the Sandtrooper.

My bother lives in Dinas Powys, thats near Cardiff right?.... I live in Rugby but my folks live in Monmouth.... I used to frequent a rock bar in Cardiff before i moved, had many a fun drunken night there .

TM is an excellent choice, and you can do as a few others already have done, get both a TK and a TD ;P

Or as TK 4418 in the Nordic Garrison did, got a 1mm TM TK and after a while changed it into a TD, instead of getting an entire new suit.

But as soon as you've been bitten by the armor-bug, chances are you'll be getting more than one suit anyway.

Welcome to the madness!