TK-8029 Working on ANH Elite

I'm currently about half way through building my second set of F/X TK armor, and I figured I go ahead and shoot for ANH Elite.

Here's my back plate, cut and reattached with elastic strap...

100_4225.jpg

...here's my ab and back plate with the newly added side plate inserts...

100_4226.jpg

100_4227.jpg

....I went ahead and trimmed the belt down on the corners. Now I'm just waiting on my canvas belt to come in.

TKbelt.jpg

Here's my correct color and size ab buttons....

100_4206.jpg

No rivets in the shoulder strap attachment, and for now I'm leaving the backs unattached. I may at some point secure them with velcro....

100_4210.jpg

100_4211-1.jpg

I'm still going to use my RT bucket that I had with my first set, but just for the record......

100_4224.jpg

Here's the grey painted frown, with eight holes (stunt version)

100_4214.jpg

Blue tube stripes...

100_4213.jpg

Great job brother! :salute: the only thing that I can see that I'm sure Scott would point out is your paint on the frown it bleeds a little too much onto the lips for ANH elite, but that can easily be fixed B)

Great job brother! :salute: the only thing that I can see that I'm sure Scott would point out is your paint on the frown it bleed a little too much onto the lips for ANH elite, but that can easily be fixed B)

Again, you guys make my job too easy.

Bernard is 100% accurate on the frown.

Other than that, looks great so far!!!

Way to go Aaron! I think getting the frown right is a real PITA and the most distressing to rework. Would be interested to hear how you re-did it.

Way to go Aaron! I think getting the frown right is a real PITA and the most distressing to rework. Would be interested to hear how you re-did it.

Yes, it was quite a PITA, but it's done. I ended up just scraping it off with a sharp knife, and then buffing the ABS back out with some super fine grit (12,000) sand paper.

Repairpic.jpg

Nice work on the helmet there. Taking away that excess grey certainly brings out the features of that part of the helmet. It's hard to realize how much of a difference a tiny detail like that can make, until you have a side by side comparison. The left pic almost looked like an FX lid, nothing like what an RT looks like. Thumbs up.

I re-shaped the right knee boxes to a more correct shape....

100_4271.jpg

kneedetail.png

TKwithTDabplate.png

...I cut the cod piece for added flexability....

100_4272.jpg

.....added the elastic to the shoulder bells...

100_4274.jpg

...finished up my thermal detonator with the exception of the metal clips which I'm still waiting on.....

100_4275.jpg

...this is an idea I got from one of our other squad members. I used a small bungee cord to "close" the detonator. This way I can use it to store keys, smokes, etc. ....

100_4276.jpg

My canvas belt JUST arrived in the mail, so I'm off to work on that. More pics to come.

Yeah! Scott's not busy enough - let's see more applicants!!! :)

We're at 10 Elite - we should be able to double that by the end of the year

:pint1: