G4's Armour Progress ....

Looks like you looked at my thread... Lol...

Looks great, I wish I had more room and tools so I could have done the butt seam also. It looks more accurate up close. Can't wait to see it finished.

Curtis :D

I certainely did Curtis!!! ;) .... its made it so much easier having your thread to refer too! ... Thanks :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ve been doing some nice work here Graham, i like the clam shell job on the torso and the rest is coming along great ;)

Cheers Mark,

Taking a bit longer than expected cause of the new job etc, but im pleased with it so far! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Progress update .....

Decided to glue the Shoulder Straps to the front of the Chest Plate .... (i know thats not how it was done originally!) but i decided it makes it a bit more secure .. ;)

Also got the hair dryer going to put a nice curve on the Straps .. and used the press studs to strap it all together with the Back Plate and Shoulders etc ....

Armour055.jpg

Armour056.jpg

Armour057.jpg

Armour058.jpg

Armour059.jpg

Then i was in a bit of a quandry as to how to attach the Hand Plates to the Gloves ???

Anyway, this is what i came up with ...... excuse the brown hair band, but havent been out to get the Black one's yet!! :D

Armour066.jpg

Armour060.jpg

Armour064.jpg

Armour062.jpg

So, apart from attaching the AB Buttons, which i have now painted ....

Armour067.jpg

and a bit of adjustment on some strapping .... and maybe a bit of re-sizing etc .... its pretty much done on the armour front .. B)

Armour050.jpg

Armour053.jpg

.... and so its on with the Helmet at last ....

trimmed up and cut out the Face Plate ....

Photo-0008.jpg

and added the Lenses, painted the Frown and Vocoder etc ... holes drilled for Hovi's ....

Armour071.jpg

Armour073.jpg

Armour070.jpg

Some excellent work so far, Graham! I glued down the fronts of my shoulder straps to the chest piece, as well, on my FX kit for the same reason you did, and then left velcro on the backs for ease of disassembly.

I just about have my AP kit to the point where all I need to do is fabricate some additional strapping before it's completely wearable. Don't know that it'll look as good as yours, though. Nice work. :)

nice job on the suit,i think you are a little wrong on the shoulder straps not being glued onto the chest.I think they were glued on so you are riight in doing this.

2411562441_044a462175_o.png

Thighs just a little higher and elastic or webing a little shorter on the chest and back plate to bring the chest higher.Thats about all can see for a great fitting suit.

Helmet pretty much finished last night .... looks ok for my first attempt i reckon! :D

Helmet002.jpg

Helmet009.jpg

Have got some new lenses to go in and need to line it, fit mesh etc ....

• 1 month later...

Well i know i havent reported in lately so thought i best let ya know whats been happening!!

As you may or may not know i am only 5ft 7" and quite slim and wanted to make my AP Armour as accurate as i could get it considering my height and build, but i also needed to be able to wear it comfartably too?!!

So ..... with the help of my GF we got out the hairdryer and reshaped the AB, Back, Butt and chest plates to make them narrower to fit my small build!

I then wanted to make the thigh pieces look as good as possible but because of my height i needed to take about 3" off the height!!!!! plus i wanted to be able to bend so decided to dremel out behind the kness too!! Still wanting to keep them looking as acurate as possible (but not really wanting the rough cut look at the back that most of the film suits had) i decided to comprimise slightly and go for a nice finished look at the back of the knees!

So using some good reference pics i got going with the dremel etc and here's the result! .... Considering how much i took off i think/hope i got the shape pretty good?!

Armour022-1.jpg

Armour017-1.jpg

Armour021-1.jpg

Armour018-1.jpg

Awesome work there mate, this has to be one of the best AP builds ive seen and it fits you perfectly. I think the suits with the least black showing are the best. Well done sir :salute:

Armour010.jpg

Armour013-1.jpg

Armour011.jpg

I wondered were you had go to graham,and now we know you have been busy.Looks very nice mate.You got it spot on with your build.its 100% better to get the armour to fit you rather than trying to fit the armour.

You have put lots of hours into this and its paid off.Now tell me are you smiling under that lid :D ?

• 5 months later...

Finished at last!!!!! .... and 501st membership applied for! ;)

What do ya reckon people?

I think its turned out ok for my first attempt ...... especially as i had to resize a lot of it as im only 5ft 7" :huh:

055.jpg

079.jpg

082.jpg

092.jpg

094.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

Blimy Graham,now you have got to be pleased with that,I just looked at your first post date on this project oct 2007.WOW now were did that 12 months go!

Nice one and a TK number just around the corner im sure.