TKC holster

Thalizar

As you say Dan the CRL pictures an ANH holster - its also goes on the state that

• Holster shall be worn on the left and be attached to the belt from behind instead of front, with no loops covering the outside of the belt.
  • The holster will be affixed with two fasteners at the bottom of the belt instead of none or four. These may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws

With these 2 points in mind this totally rules out a ROTJ holster as these were worn on the right

:duim:

Edited by Graeme1972

I'm wondering if we made an error on this. Essentially the TCK is an ROTJ trooper with ANH hand plates & helmet, so it would make sense that if a holster in worn it would be in ROTJ fashion. To be honest, I don't ever recall seeing a holster in the game...anyone else see this?

i do believe this is an error. the holster should be on the right as in ROTJ (since the armor is primarily ROTJ). and the holster was never seen in the game. i believe it was originally in the crl that way but must have been a copy/paste error.

i think it was originally decided to allow the holster for trooping convenience and the ROTJ allowance.

this is how it should read for the tkc.

Holster

• Made of black leather or leather-like material.
  • Holster shall be worn on the right affixed from behind with four rivets.
  • Holster should be omitted from this costume.
  • Holster shall be omitted.

as you can see here there are already 4 rivets on each side of the belt (presumably to attach a holster) so if a holster is to be used i see it as the most logical way of affixing it.

UgRSkir.jpg

Figured if I were to have a weapon it would be a blaster. To me the blaster is as iconic as the trooper. Could have both. On the subject of weapons. Going to need a ROTJ blaster, now that I have a ANH version... what would be the recommendation for a lightsaber?

I'm wondering if we made an error on this. Essentially the TCK is an ROTJ trooper with ANH hand plates & helmet, so it would make sense that if a holster in worn it would be in ROTJ fashion. To be honest, I don't ever recall seeing a holster in the game...anyone else see this?

Sorry that I am late for the party. No, this is not an error/typo about the holster. The TKC is somewhat a hodgepodge of ANH and ROTJ armor. In the video game references there is no holster at all. But, there was some discussion to allow a holster for convenience of trooping. The only real references in this matter shows the holster to be on the left hand side (ANH version) (please see pix below). Then, since the majority of the detailing to the front of the belt is ANH and the only references for the holster is ANH, that is why when I was cleaning up and fixing the CRL's, I did this to the TKC.

Plus, it being on the left hand side makes it easier to holster your weapon.

In the future, the Centurion may end up saying: holster is not allowed.

I know that all other paint schemes have been discredited that is why we are running with the video game reference for the TKC. Since there is no reference in the video game of a TKC with a holster, that is why the only reference we have would be the Sideshow and the Hasbro and not just assume that the holster would be mounted like the ROTJ..

I hope this sheds some light on why the holster was made to be an ANH and not ROTJ.

005.JPG

TKcomm007.jpg

hasbro38.jpg

Would the ANH blaster still work?

For basic requirements, you can have pretty much any type of E11 based weapon. But, as you go up to EI you will have to either go with an ESB based style or ROTJ. If you go to Centurion level, you will need to look into having an ROTJ based with folding stock in the extended position.

Thanks Tom - that clears it up. I'll agree that at some point Centurion should say "no holster".

I am happy that you agree, but that should probably go to a vote. Maybe after the new year.

i agree completely with this. but the means of attaching the holster are pretty clear... 4 rivets (where i assume a holster would attach) are on the game version and the sideshow version as well..

ANH hero style holster fasteners

ZUTrBfv.jpg