TK Commander Build (Pic Heavy)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waiting for holster to arrive and to attach.

Please look below and advise of anything that you feel would stop me getting clearance.

I've applied for my 501st ID number and once I get that I can apply to UKG for clearance.

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

the overall assembly looks good :) ,, i would note that the scratches (battle damaged blue areas) look a bit unnatural with a majority of the scraches going in one direction (most noticable on the legs) i would recommend filliing in some of the larger white splotches (it looks like you used a liquid mask) with blue and use a fine plastic scraper or lighty scuff with rough sandpaper to make finer, more random scratches.

• 2 weeks later...

All the armour is built.

Holster came yesturday so looking to attach that, but unsure of the correct way. Its a ANH Holster and from what i've seen, there's two ways to attach. Two rivets or 4.

Also I just can't get a good battle effect on the Blue areas. I'm now artist or professional modeller. Just really want the Blue areas to look right, but everytime I do it it just looks, well, crap!Could really do with some good reference shots but can't find anything on the web with regards to weathering or battle damage effects.

In a slump and a rutt guys, getting really pee'd off as its the Blue thats holding up getting me cleared!!!!!

Been waiting over 3 weeks for my 501st number so that I can apply for clearance when the kits finally finished. Emailed a GML for any info but no response. Asked Armourers on UKG Forum for build assistance, again no response. It appears that unless you are building a suit from the original films and not the EU, no one gives a damb and wants to help! (Rant over).

There is a thread on here about paint dimensions.... find the post by cobra, they are the measurements that I used for mine, and I'm really happy with them. Just paint up all the areas with no liquid masking or anything kuke that, just masking tape so you can get the lines right. Once you have it cleanly done with no battle damage, we can start weathering. Let me know once you have this done and then I'll guide you through the weathering process.

Keep it up, it will look great :)

Thanks Sean,

I know the post your on about, I'm following it so if anything gets added I can see what it is.

I've re-marked up the chest plate and arms, i'm going to clear the legs and mask them up and re-spray it all blue. I then post up pics of the spray job and we can go from there.

Thanks for the offer of help, started to think I was out here on my own! Just my paranoia kicking in!

Any tips with regards to the belt? I've some people mention that there is four rivets each side of where the TD sits as if the holster could be attached either side. I'm putting mine on the left (as per CRL) but still not sure if it should be two of four rivets holding it on, keep getting conflicting posts or maybe i'm reading the CRL wrong

There are 8 rivets that go in the belt, just make sure they have a solid head. They make a rectangular pattern on each side of the TD... have a look on my build thread for the placement. If you can't get enough from there, I can take some more photos of my belt and post them up. Also have a look at the reference that star raider put up, you can see the belt rivets on there too.

As for the holster, I actually an just going to have mine loop around my belt as it is more of a convenience thing for trooping because I don't think the actual character model has a holster.

Edited by seantrooper

Sean is correct.. the holster is allowed only for convenience and is not seen on the game models. looping or attaching with 4 rivets or chicago type screws is ok ;)

the 4 rivet option would be best if you plan to use it regularly (the holster is not allowed for centurion level)

005.JPG

thermaldetonator.jpg

My Armour has a seperate but plate and is ANH style not ROTJ so it would never pass Centurian, and the way i'm still feeling about this armour it might not make 501st!!

But i'll soldier on and see what happens!

Take a break and then come back to it is probably best, that way I won't completely loose it and completely shaft it!

a ROTJ style butt is only for EIB/centurion that should not prevent you from getting 501st approval.. just keep up the good work and get your 501st approval , your very close.. you can always make changes after if you desire ;)

• 4 weeks later...

OK, i've done some more work on the legs, arms chest plate etc and now happy with the scratched "Tiger Stipe" effect.

I inherited the suit's weathering when I purchased the part built kit and wanted to carry on the effect throughout the build. Will post pics soon.

One question, does anyone have specific dimensions for the placement of the rivets that hold the holster in place?

I am unsure how far from the edge of the ammo belt the first rivet should be (if that makes sense).

Edited by Angevine

Going to apply for clearance later today.

As far as I can tell the suit is finished at last (found the dimensions for the holster) and the whole armour has now been dirtied up grin.gif

I will post my clearance pics on here also for you all to see and advise accordingly if anything rears up that you notice that might be an issue!

The only main thing I have to purchase is a vox kit! might have to be a silent trooper until I can sort it out :(

Edited by Angevine

Can't wait to see pix. The main part is you get 501st accepted. EI & Centurion are options for people who want to take it to the next level. Even if not 100% at either level, they are great guides to pimp out your suit.