PHOTO REQUEST thread

alas for me, if I don't trim, I can't function in the armor. No point in being a trooper in screen accurate armor who can't move his arms or legs. I don't make a good statue. Without trimming the arms I really could not even touch my helmet with my hands, that's how little I could bend my arms.

alas for me, if I don't trim, I can't function in the armor. No point in being a trooper in screen accurate armor who can't move his arms or legs. I don't make a good statue. Without trimming the arms I really could not even touch my helmet with my hands, that's how little I could bend my arms.

I just noticed your ammo pack thing on your other thread .. and one thing you could have done is rivet it in the lower corner of the ammo pack instead of the upper corner. That way, you wouldn't have it catching on your calf.

Again, I riveted it pretty much as low as possible to remove as much black as I could, but for a smaller trooper, it would have been fixed higher on the thigh piece.

My 0.02$

Great posts guys. If and when the project is asked to be completed, these photos will be used for the 501st costume reference library.

Hey Ed,

Let me know if you ever want more picture .. I know there was a few talks of armor comparison but it kinda never happened officially and was always spread here and there.

In any case, I could update with a full set of pictures from different angles for all pieces of my suit.

Cheers,

Al

• 2 weeks later...
troopermaster said:
20mm is way too wide for the arms if you are going for an accurate ANH look. See Hans forearms below...very thin strips..and it's the same on all the troopers arms.

-----------

Looks to be about the same width as the vertical strip on the handguard (near the base or wrist)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Trskel said:
Can someone post pictures of the hand plates? I don't know exactly where to trim.

Thanks ;)

There you go, added in my AP Armor thread

---------

Since it's a picture thread, might as well put it here too:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 years later...

Hey All,

It's been over 2 years since I finished my kit and I STILL haven't affixed my sniper plate on my AP properly - still (barely) on with velcro. It just doesn't seem to fit over the upper lip of the shin.

Can someone please post some pics/screencaps (or a link to some) where I can see screen-used sniper plates affixed to the shins?

I used 2 rivets and washers to attach the knee plate. they fit right along the top nicely.

to use the screen used glue on way, you'd have to purchase a completely different knee plate.

the AP knee plate does not have the correct amount of plastic at it's lower edge to affix it in the screen used way.

otherwise to rivet it on along the corner at the top is the way most people do it.