Troopers Helping Troopers: Share your stories!

ZeroRoom

Someone of you might have seen DarthAloha's generous post offering free snaps to the first fellow trooper to PM him. For those of you haven't check it out here:

http://forum.whitear...showtopic=17411

You might also recall, MattBlack being awarded Trooper Of The Month a few months back for his gregarious gifting of an E-11 to a trooper starting out. These fantastic acts of generosity really exemplify the spirit of the unofficial FISD motto "Troopers Helping Troopers" and it got the staff, led by our detachment founder Paul, to wonder about what other great examples of helpfulness and selflessness must be out there in our community.

So we invite every member here to use this thread to share their stories and experiences of something that, for you really exemplifies the Troopers Helping Troopers motto. It might be something you helped someone with, or something someone did for you. If you have a great, inspiring story of a trooper making another troopers TK life better in some way - share it here. Perhaps once we've accumulated a good bunch, we'll have a poll and see which is the community favorite!

So get typing and let's here your tales of Troopers Helping Troopers!

EDIT by Daetrin:

Hi all - this came about with the idea that for the US November is the month of Thanksgiving, and part of Thanksgiving is not only giving thanks for our blessings, but also a time to reflect on the thanks of what the holiday was meant to celebrate: a thanks also of how one group helped out another in a time of need.

So this month I felt it was a great time to reflect on the past year and give thanks for those who helped us get where we are today, for those troopers who gave of themselves freely in this regard.

Edited by ZeroRoom
Added Daetrin Edit

This whole place is full of the most helpful people I think I have ever known. I would like to make a special mention of Mike (Trooperbay) He has always been so helpful when ordering custom decals even when it is only a small order. A class act.

Everyone on these boards should get trooper of the month for enduring my whining about my paint woes as of late. But for all those who chimed in and gave their suggestions...we had success!!! The parts came out beautiful!! In two weeks I will be able to polish them out for even more beauty. A thousand thanks to all!!! I could not have done it without you!

Did I mention that (besides taking loads of photos of his armor during my build) Kevster skyped with me to show how his sniper knee was glued on his shin?

Aloha,

-Eric

TK5707 is the Outpost FISD attache, and is always helping troopers. Last month, an Outpost clone had his family van blow the motor. Another trooper towed him home, and then TK5707 gave him his old work van that night. The trooper really needed a family van, so he sold his Bacara clone to get a down payment. With that, and the help from the old van, he got a new one. But it did not end there. The trooper then had no armor to be 501st approved or troop in. TK5707 was working on his TK for expert, had just added on a AP helmet, new dooydoos blaster, latex hand guards, TD clips, etc, but he had his Rex clone. He sold the whole TK setup to the trooper for $1, and shrugged it off, just saying "why should I have two sets of armor, when my brother trooper has none." Wow, that was very cool! He'll never toot his own horn, so I am posting the story :)

There was also another time that a trooper got in a car accident and cracked the radiator. It was towed to an impound lot, and needed to get out of there right away because if high fees. TK5707 is a good mechanic and went out to get it running. The trooper went to buy a new radiator, and the card was declined. TK5707 tossed it on his card, installed it, got the guy out of the impound yard and back on the road.

Geesh, not at all true. I sold my TK for one million dollars :)

091010_streak_obama_02.jpg

It was an AM, and I had some work in it, but it was my first suit, and after the clone build I wanted to redo the TK anyway. Giving it to my fellow trooper gives me an excuse to get a better set and do a better job on the assembly. Julie did not mention the super nice Doopy-Doos resin blaster was her very own femtrooper build that she just completed, but she decided it'd be better with the trooper and she kept her Hasbro!

I don't know if you guys know, but Julie is such a good 501st spokesperson that she has been promoted to Outpost Public Relations Officer. She lined up out Halloween news event, and Julie also organized the first ever Outpost Salvation Army bell ringing event for December. She bought patches for all attendees out of her own pocket.

There are tons of great trooper stories out there I am sure. However, many people are shy about talking about themselves.

Jesse hooked me up with a replacement scope when my gf dropped one and broke it! He also went out of his way to exchange some old scopes with the new brass ones he was making. Big Kudos to him!