Vocoder Decal

I think I know the answer.... but I'm assuming that a vocoder decal is not EIB-able?

Part of me posting this and outing my helmet is motivation to paint the durn thing :)

Aloha,

-Eric

It's never come up as no one has been able to produce a good looking vocoder decal to date. It's possible (think of the tear/trap decals), but we'd have to see it with good pix before a decision is made.

It's never come up as no one has been able to produce a good looking vocoder decal to date. It's possible (think of the tear/trap decals), but we'd have to see it with good pix before a decision is made.

That seems fair. I've got a can of rustoleum satin black sitting here waiting for me to get off my butt... its the only thing between me and EIB right now :)

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Unless something has changed, RT Mod helmets come with a vocoder decal and, save for the gray lens material, are EIB-able as is. My original EI submission back in 2009 (with my old FX kit) was with an RT helmet. I imagine other RT Mod wearers since have also stuck with the decal (no pun intended).

However, the better way to go is to peel off the sticker and paint it. Something I intended to do, but never got around to before upgrading to my current lids.

The other day I peeled off the decal to force me to paint it.... And then found another one with the hand painted decals from trooperbay!

Painting the vocoder is the right thing to do... The only thing I lack is time :)

The lenses have been replaced already and I have S-trim ready to go on.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric