things I never knew...

TK:TK

Call it low "movie comprehension" but there are things I never picked up from the SW films.

I never picked up that the Stormtroopers had canvas belts....

but now I'm spending my time angling to either make or buy a canvas belt.

and I never -ever - noticed in the movies that the stormtroopers had holsters. It's a complete surprise to me. But now I'm trying to see how to build or buy one.

Any others?

"You have taken your first step into a larger world."

;)

Chances are if you've just now noticed holsters, there's no telling what else you've "overlooked". Be sure to check the archives and use the search button before asking any questions that've already been covered and re-covered, and beaten like a dead horse.

I am in the same boat. It's amazing what details are overlooked until you actually start building your armor and realizing all the little things that are part of it that you don't even notice as a general observer.

Don't feel bad Kevin - it's not like any of us knew this stuff out of the womb either. :)

Yeah Kevin, don't feel bad. :lol: It certainly was'nt my intention.

Part of what has kept me interested all these years, is the amount of things you constantly seem to discover when not only watching the films under close scrutiny, but reading up on all the historical and background info. My favorite TK debate I think has to do with the question of the lens color of Luke and Han's stormtrooper helmet in ANH. That is probably one of the few things that to this day is debated, and if you did'nt know already, they're dark green. :o

Another thing you'll notice about holsters, is how they change sides from left to right side (ESB), and sometimes disappear altogether (ROTJ).

Look on it as inside information Kevin ;) we know stuff that most Star Wars 'fans' didn't even know. I've been a fan of the move since it came out at the pictures, and a fan of SF my whole life, I considered myself 'Hard core', until I got into costuming that is :D I never knew there was a diference between Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers, let alone the variations between movies. My first costume was Vader and some of my revelations included: The suit being different in each film (who knew?), the helmet being two tone (I always thought it was black), the chest box never had lights in ANH (I could have sworn it lit up). You'll be amazed what you find out when you start to dig.

Did you know that there are at least ten different variations of the E-11 Stormtrooper blaster? There are eight identified variations in ANH, a new one in ESB (plus some of the ANH ones were re-used), and it changed again in ROTJ.

You've entered a bigger world my friend :D

Look on it as inside information Kevin ;) we know stuff that most Star Wars 'fans' didn't even know. I've been a fan of the move since it came out at the pictures, and a fan of SF my whole life, I considered myself 'Hard core', until I got into costuming that is :D I never knew there was a diference between Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers, let alone the variations between movies. My first costume was Vader and some of my revelations included: The suit being different in each film (who knew?), the helmet being two tone (I always thought it was black), the chest box never had lights in ANH (I could have sworn it lit up). You'll be amazed what you find out when you start to dig.

Did you know that there are at least ten different variations of the E-11 Stormtrooper blaster? There are eight identified variations in ANH, a new one in ESB (plus some of the ANH ones were re-used), and it changed again in ROTJ.

Amen!

My head is spinning....

One thing that i have been spending time on are the TD weapons, and under close observation of the real weapons vs the war used weapons vs real weapons made movie props( yes big difference) Vs what u see on screen......... mind blowing but my reasearch for now..... doenst hold much water considering that it really isnt that importante and the fans will not care. so really havent made/discoverd gunpowder here, mostly small things.

Any idea where i can find any comparison pics of the ANH 8? Just out of curiosity :)

• 1 month later...