bigun sculpt

Hi guys, as you know ive taken a slightly different rout with the mold making process.

It took a few days to get the mold done, then after more resaerch i remved the indents section. I added more contours to the overall shape. Then the top part was added and sculpted again. So far its take about 2 weeks on and off.

I used some hips cut to size for the edging sections.

toparmsmallerfinalpx6.jpg

different angle..

toparmsmallerfinal2to6.jpg

as you can see ive added a wall of clay.

Next up was using gelflex whic needs heating to 200 degrees.

This was spooned and poured on.

gelflexappliedzu1.jpg

Then i put a plaster sleeve/caot over the top. This is to hold the shape of the gelfex.

#

plasterappliedzc1.jpg

Once a few days has passed i turned the mold upside down and filled in with some more plaster to creat the male mold with which i will vac form off.

upsidedownfilledwithplava8.jpg

I will post some more after tomorrow of the final plaster cast mold/plug

cheers

Nice one Chef :D

Takes me back to the old days looking at your pics. I used the exact same process and materials....ooooh the smell of the gelflex :wacko:

I used an old microwave oven for melting the rubber. It was a lot quicker and easier than boiling it up, although it still stunk the house out! I found out that it was best to coat the sculpts with a layer of PVA glue to stop the air bubbles in the rubber. Without using it, it would bubble up when I poured the hot rubber onto the clay, leaving holes in the final mould. I used air-drying clay, not sure if your using the same?

Good job so far and keep at it!

-Paul.

Heres some pics of the plaster cast that came from the mold.

I had to do a little bit of touching up as there were some bumps and lines that shouldnt be there.

plastercastcompare1no7.jpg

plastercastcompare12rh3.jpg

These pictures show the mold compared to a piece of fx armor

Ive started on the other section to the forearm.

Im using the existing clay to build upon.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, Ive ben getting some friendly advice from TM, so ive been starting to re-do the arm pieces.

Right since ive last been here ive been working on some advice from anh trooper

I managed to save the clay from the previous mold and i carved off the ladder section. I also made a few adjustments and took off the edging strips.

backpieceso1.jpg

dsc00599lp5.jpg

I then Made a moldcase of the front arm under piece.

Then once i had the mold cases i adjusted inside the arm piece with the lladder section by adding some clay. One remolded the ladder section will have "dissapeared"

innermoldsrightmoldwithnc7.jpg

innermoldsrightmoldwithyk2.jpg

The plaster mix was made by sifting plaster through my fingers into the water. Its added to the point when little islands appear. I leave it for 5 minutes before a quick mix then pour into the molds

dsc00596xn5.jpg

Then ive redone the ladder section with 12 bits on the left arm piece.

I will do the right arm piece ladder section after work tomorrow.

Then its onto making molds again.

leftreadyformoldingmiddfb8.jpg

cheers

:dance: wow i was remembering your first thread.... u are really rocking!!!

Take your time,relax, once u notice steam and pressure bulding take a break. just try and imagine the thrill u will have in sometime pulling your first fully finished armor!!!!

:dance: