Original boots UK7.5 found!

I'm still at a loss as to why this information of a pair of boots has remained a secret for so long? What is anyone losing out on by this being public knowledge? Unless someone buys a warehouse full of different sizes and opens a TK boot shop then I see no reason why this is such a guarded secret? What has anyone to lose?

I doubt we will see an influx of "original" screen used Stormtrooper boots for sale. It's not like there are thousands available to buy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not made by Regency.

Ā 

I had my reasons for not spilling the beans but Dave is free to do whatever he wants. I personally don't care for all the secrecy either. I could have kept quiet about these boots and no-one would ever had known about them (even though there are supposed to be people checking for these :) )

Paul, I understand your reason for not saying anything as you were asked by someone that owns an original pair not to. Right? Hats off for sticking to your word.

It just winds me up when we could all be bettering our replicas with little details that make all the difference. We all know Sterlings are the basis of the E11, that black rubber gloves were used, door runner for the grips of sabers and blasters it hasn't devalued any screen used props in any way and to my knowledge no one has tried to fake anything as original?

Don't see why this is any different?

Edited by sskunky

They are not made by Regency.

i knew you would say that lol so the seller got the info mixed up then or did they bwaahahaha

i don't think it would make it any easier to find even if we did know the correct maker anyway,it would just be nice to know

With the spread of knowledge, no one loses. While I can appreciate the effort that went into finding the correct maker it's become more than silly to hide this info from your fellow man. Everyone will go on knowing that you made this archaeological find. Besides, what's the point of knowing something that no one else can verify? It's been borderline taunting.

classicadultjodhpurboot.jpg

Ā 

Boots-1.jpg

Ā 

The real boots are quite tall if you compare them to the ones you posted. The seam under the elastic gusset is behind the heel and the back ankle section is notably taller than the front. They only have pull tabs on the back part too.

Ā 

You might notice the back ankle section does not really taper like most other boots. They are almost the same width all the way up which gives them a distinguishing shape.

Trooperboots1.jpgTrooperboots2.jpgB2RlywBmkKGrHqEOKjUEMMp0QRBMh1SVghQQ0_3.jpgB2Rl0LWkKGrHqQOKjIEN2fDhqdBMh1ShzgQ0_3.jpgTrooperboot3.jpg

You'er just showing off now! :laugh1:

Ā 

I see what you mean. The Loakes seem to be the closest I found so far but seeing as I don't know the make or model I'm just stabbing in the dark. I can't imagine they were an expensive boot as the production wouldn't have spent that much on them.

Ā 

Oh well. Someone might find it in themselves to share the information one day. Until then I'm not going to sweat over it much more.......

Ā 

Thanks for the pics Paul. :duim:

Folks, the pictures on the evilbay sale were not that good, and no brand name was mentioned. I bought them on Paul's word.

I'll put you all out of your misery and post a bunch pics when I have boots in hand.

Edited by davej

• 2 weeks later...

That's all there is. No other markings.

Goodyear Welted boots like these, no matter how generic the sole may be are as rare as rocking horse poo. Paul is right, these just don't appear that often.

That's all there is. No other markings.

Goodyear Welted boots like these, no matter how generic the sole may be are as rare as rocking horse poo. Paul is right, these just don't appear that often.

Ā 

Numerous shoe makers use Goodyear welted soles on their products. This type of sole is not the rare part.

After some time on wikipedia I learned that "goodyear welt" is how the sole is attached to the rest of the shoe, named after it's inventor, and common on high-end mens shoes as it makes the shoe ventilate better, and thus more comfortable. Another brand that use this techniques is Loakes.

Edited by Locitus

I wish i could find a brand new pair of size 7 's or 8 ' s oh well keep looking ;) .

Ā 

@ Paul what dye did you go for in the end for those little boots was it the magic ?