question about ear rank insignia

hey guys,I am a newbie for armour build project.

I have a question about the ear rank insignia.

Does anyone knows how to identify the ear rank insignia? there are 3 strips can paint,but I don't know what's mening about these strips. 3 stips all painted means captain or other rank? if 2 strips painted means what? please tell me rank level about this or something I don't know. thanks!

I noticed a lot of armour owner painted 1 or 2 strips each side.

thanks again.

Even

I have no clue, but I have heard about this consperacy theory before... I don't think that the concept of the ear stripes indicating rank is valid...I have seen people with 1 stripe, and some with none, and some with all stripes painted, so its up to you brother B)

That'd be cool to find out some official word on the matter, but I have'nt heard anything but speculation. It'd be interesting to find out whether or not these were painted a certain way intentionally, or that even Mr. No Stripes himself has an official rank that explains the lack of blue stripes on his helmet. I'd like to believe that there is a specific meaning behind the detailing, but for now, I'll have to settle with the idea that they're markers indicating how many targets they've actually hit in their career.

I've also heard that some garrisons or groups of people within a garrison will all paint the same (just to be uniform). I can't recall who or where I heard that at the moment. Either way it's not a big deal... I think some people just do it to show that they are "together"

the others posted here hit the nail on the head.. there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to the amount of strips. Fan's choice...

There is no standard in the movies. Some fan sources have come up with a ranks system though. So paint them how you like. :)

Yup, this is correct. Just like the pauldrons - they were supposed to be for rank, but what kind of rank was something that was backfilled after the films were made, and there are at least two systems I've seen. Heck, even the officer ranks don't make much sense. Choose what aesthetically pleases you most.