Replace?

Ok So I am looking around and whatnot and I am noticing that my thigh pieces are rather wide and I think I attached the power pack to the knee a little too high. It is even with the bottom of the thigh piece. My calf pieces don't have that sharp defined look to them and slope rather than have an angle at the top.

I think I need to replace them.

I bought the kit on Ebay (strike 1) I didn't know this place existed (strike 2) I am not looking to get strike 3 by fraking up anything else. Here is a picture I currently have. No other pics are available right now because I am out to sea.

Should I replace them?

How much would it cost?

It is an fx kit and it is ABS.

After finding this place I really tried to make the best with what I have. As far as the other details of the armor are concerned: I have added white straps to drop boxes and have added black straps to shoulder bells. Going to cut the width of the belt down this weekend when I get back.

Edited by Sly11
All image links broken and removed

A close up of the thigh and calf pieces would be good.... from the looks of it though, those are some really square thighs. You might not have to, but it would probably look a lot better if you did. Put some more pictures up before you do anything though.

Unfortunately, FX parts are very tough to come by nowadays. Your best shot at scoring spare parts may be, ironically enough, eBay.

On the other hand, depending on the adhesive used on the thighs you may be able to pull them apart, narrow them down, and reglue them. Also, depending on how you attached the knee power pack you may be able to remove it and reattach it slightly lower on the thigh.

When you are able to, close up photos would definity help.

Ok here are some pictures I just put a bunch in an album. Feel free to make other suggestions as well.

Thanks guys appreciate the help. Yes I have the Elvis boots they came with the armor I didn't pay for them I am on the waiting list for TK Boots.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yeah they are a bit big on you. Best advice is to take them apart and cut them to fit you. You shouldn't have too much of an issue seperating the pieces.

Ditto - exactly same thing happened to me the first time (ebay, fx, large thighs)....undo, cut to size & re-stick. Job's a goodun!!

Same here. Out of the box AM thighs were huge. Didn't realize till after I glued them. Cut down the outline in the front, trimmed 1-2 inches from the TOP.... using velcro in the front to be able to put them on after shins.

The power pack is definitely sitting too high.

On the up side it seems to have been riveted so just drill out the rivets and re-position it. You could get rid of the incorrectly drilled holes by trimming the bottom corners of the power pack. Having the corners rounded off is a more screen accurate look also.

If you go to this site TK300 and scroll down the page you will find some reference pics of the power pack that you may find useful.

Thanks Mark for the link on the power pack. I didn't realize it sat so low. It looks goofy but indeed it (the power pack) is connected to the thigh at the top and not the bottom. Wow, screenshots ftw. :)

Edited by Trooper324

• 1 month later...

depending on the adhesive used on the thighs you may be able to pull them apart, narrow them down, and reglue them.

My power pack is also glued on too high. It was glued using E6000 adhesive. Does anyone know if that adhesive is easy to remove? I dont want to mess up my lower thigh piece.