• MFX
    • AP
    • RT MOD
    • TE-2
    • TM
    • SDS
    • AFX
    • Fiberglass

After reading several topics over the last year, I have noticed a trend in the purchasing of armor...Alot oof the concerns we have had on these boards comming from the "New People" is how hard is it to put together? But is TK armor really that hard to assemble? No matter what the make is, the most you would have to do is trim it, paint it, then fit it to yourself in my opinion...but thats just me B)

If you all have any more choices that I forgot, please feal free to add them :salute:

PLEASE Give me your feed back as to your opinions on each sets, because we don't all own everything :D

Personally I think that the TE-2 would be the most difficult TK to assemble, but, no where difficult as puttin together clone armor :lol:

From hardest to simplest, I'd rate them this way:

TE2 - has to be fully trimmed, painted, and the parts are asymmetrical. Also requires strips method on arms/legs.

AP - same as above, but at least you don't have to paint

RT - fully trimmed, parts are made to be easily assembled. But there is more adjusting due to split back

FX - easiest. Can buy pre-assembled with strapping too

SDS - comes pre-assembled with straps

My SDS was a nightmare to get right for trooping as i had to take it all apart and redo most of it cos it looked like it had been put together by monkeys wearing mittens (it probably was, i think they call them Art students these days ;) )

I say fiberglass because more than likely it's a poorly done recast or a complete fan scult of some sort. There's no standardization in those sorts of things and could be hell to get together.

Plus fiberglass is heavy, and is hard to trim down. Plus grinding/trimming should be done with a respirator.