RoTJ blaster kit in development - need your input

As some of you know I have a MGC and a RO72. To put something back to this community I was thinking of offering castings of these hard-to-find parts along with RoTJ greeblies. I have worked out what I'm including and how I'm going to cast most of it but have a couple of things I would like some of your opinions on as I'd like to offer the best first time around.

First off, would you like a foldable stock? The MGC stock is a very simple design and doesn't lock that well anyway not to mention that it was riveted to the receiver on the prop so I'm leaning towards having a static stock. However, if enough people want a folding stock I'm sure I could do it somehow...

Secondly, how many of you put dummy lenses in your blasters? I'm assuming most of you so I was going to make the scope deeper so the lense sits roughly where it should and include a laser cut acrylic disk with the kits. All good?

Finally and most importantly, I was going to cast the endcap in an impact resistant resin and which I believe would allow those who want to file out the opening to do so (see photo below) and still have a more robust endcap. What are your opinions on this? Of course impact resistant costs a little more but the alternative would be to offer a metal template and this would then involve a lot of dremel work and sanding to get the 'right' look.

dscf1032i.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sam,

As is clear from the lack of replies, the market for ROTJ stuff is much smaller than ANH and ESB. That said, there will be a corner of the market with blaster builders looking for this stuff.

As I mentioned, I'm having an E-11 built for my CfO armour. I'm aware that a few of the parts are not MGC-derived (i.e. they're from a genuine Sterling) and thus not 100% correct. One of those is the end cap. So there's probably some demand.

You will know Kai (MyLaw4U) from JRS. He's building my blaster. I'm sure he'd be interested in MGC end caps, mag holders and handles for upgrading his ROTJ design.

Thanks for the input Rich. As you say there's a corner of the market for this sort of thing but not much of one but that's fine I'd just like to see RoTJ TKs with accurate blasters and give TKCs an option.

I've been pretty ill recently so the projects lagging behind again but I've got some decent drugs now and should hopefully get some moulds done in the next couple of weeks...

Thanks for the input Rich. As you say there's a corner of the market for this sort of thing but not much of one but that's fine I'd just like to see RoTJ TKs with accurate blasters and give TKCs an option.

I've been pretty ill recently so the projects lagging behind again but I've got some decent drugs now and should hopefully get some moulds done in the next couple of weeks...

Keep us posted. I might be interested in an end cap at some point if it looks like I have to/can change mine.

It would be worth getting in touch with Kai too. He does a lot of blaster building and I think he's been on the look-out for an MGC but hasn't found one yet.

I'm sure he'd be interested in updating his ROTJ E-11 further, i.e. swappign the few sterling parts that he still uses, so a realiable supplier for cast parts will be useful.

• 7 months later...

I would love to see more options for ROTJ blasters out there. I for one would be very interested in acquiring parts for another blaster build. :duim:

• 3 months later...

HI sam!

wow...

can I have parts to make mine look exactly like this?

3755fcca6ae78b4f2818746f6eb0a1fb.jpg

56c87d5cc2d1bb298794721f0d117863.jpg

63544862bb3be27709e5c3967daf6cb9.jpg

6b0a6952cbedd366af962cbbf6c3f022.jpg

grips

end cap

bolt and cocking handle

folding stock

trigger group

front sight

rear sight

front sling lug

front and rear deflectors (one near the breech, and one on the right side of the barrel tip)

the scope, sight rail, and greeblies.

and last but not least the magazine, and magazine well and parts!

I've been wanting the resin UBER MGC parts for about 3 years now!

cast the whole lot!

I'll take 3 kits!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392