A Live Action Boba Fett Movie May Be Happening

RogueTrooper

BobaFettMain2.jpg

Hey all,

The other night I was talking to Mason/Dashrazor and he said he saw something about Joe Johnston (ex-ILM, turned director) trying to get the most famous bounty hunter his own stand alone movie, and possibly have Jeremy Bullock (the OT Boba Fett) to do a cameo.

Read more here: http://www.firstshow...save-star-wars/

I truly would love to see this happen, my only problem is that Boba Fett's history and character have been re-written from the time of the original Trilogy.

Originally Boba Fett was born Jaster Mereel and became a young journeyman protector or law enforcement officer on the planet Concord Dawn. When he supposedly killed a corrupt protector, he was tried and stripped of his possessions and exiled. Later after the Clone wars, he became known as Boba Fett and worked as a mercenary, a soldier of fortune, personal guard, an assassin, and the role he was best know for, a bounty hunter.

Jeremy Bullock said he drew from Clint Eastwood's spaghetti western character (the man with no name).

The re-written history for the prequels is that Boba Fett is a test tube baby that was given to Jango Fett as part payment from the Kamino (Cloners) for using Jango's DNA for the Clone army.

Tell me this, which one had you rather see a story about, the original history or the re-written history that follows the prequels?

For me it is a no brainer, the original.

If Lucas hadn't utterly destroyed Bobba Fett with that redicilous nonsence in episodes 2 and 3 I'd be itching for this to come out, Now I really don't care so much.

If it was the original Bulloch Fett then I'd love to see it.

Original all the way! Much more interesting story and it doesn't result in every TK being Jake the Muss when they take their helmet off. (you have to live in Australia to understand how offensive much of the casting for Ep's 2 & 3 was... Don't even start me on uncle Owen...)

You guys think that this may be the key to opening the EU to film?

Anything is possible,

I was thinking that LFL would do a Starkiller Trilogy ( base on The Force Unleashed games)

The story of Galen Marek, Vader's secret apprentice, codenamed "Starkiller"

Starkiller3.jpg

You guys think that this may be the key to opening the EU to film?

As soon as they put it on film it stop being EU and immediately become canon! Oh sweet irony...

I was thinking that LFL would do a Starkiller Trilogy ( base on The Force Unleashed games)

The story of Galen Marek, Vader's secret apprentice, codenamed "Starkiller"

I think it's too well known that 'Starkiller' was Anakin's original name in the the first draft of Ep 4 - personally I just think of that as a lack of imagination on behalf of the game writers :)

I think it's too well known that 'Starkiller' was Anakin's original name in the the first draft of Ep 4 - personally I just think of that as a lack of imagination on behalf of the game writers :)

It may be a lack of imagination on behalf of the game writers, but Lucas has also been known to say that if it hasn't been published in a novel or put on the big screen, that it never existed. This means that even though it is in a draft, that it did not matter because it did not end up in a normal way in the publics hands.

The Starkiller name actually showed up in several drafts with the characters first name changing, plus the characters themselves (see below). All the way into the filming of the first movie, Luke's last name was Starkiller, then changed during filming to Skywalker. The 2007, The making of Star Wars, The Definitive Story behind the original film, by J.W. Rinzler has all the info that I am talking about and is a great read.

Annikin Starkiller, Kane Starkiller, Deak Starkiller and Luke Starkiller.

So if Lucas can rewrite the Star Wars history, like he did with the prequels, I would not put it past uncle George to reuse a name in an 38 years old draft. ;)

Tom,

I am afraid you have opened a pandora's box. I just looked a little bit through Amazon at The Making Of Star Wars. It took some will power to not reach for my wallet. I do thank you though, as now I have something to add to the "wish list." :salute:

Interesting to see if this will happen, they have been talking about this at the Force Cast for some time now, and have a few interesting points, one of them being that they already have about 50 hours of material written for the live action TV series (currently on hold) of which at least some have to do with Boba Fett, and that they could use some of that material to build around a movie for Boba Fett now, to get the ball rolling.

And that Joe Johnston, having worked with Gerge Lucas before, and now with the blockbuster success of Captain America is in a position to sweet-talk GL into considering it.

Check out The ForceCast here: http://www.forcecast.net/

Risky - If it has anything to do with the prequals it probably won't turn out to good.

However, I'm a big fan of Johnston. Just saw Captain America last night and really enjoyed it.

Too bad he didn't contribute more to the Prequals. His stamp is all over the OT.

Edited by Stormy320

It would be great to have a Boba Fett movie "thats my man!!" for one I don't think Lucas would direct it and I think most of it would be quit a few yrs before ANH. Yes I would be there first night trooping in my Fett yes I would.

Chris