DoopyDoo for Dummies (lots of pics)

Greetings, I am on a mission to join the 501st and reach Elite status, so I am modding a hasbro with a doopydoo kit. I have just about zero crafty skills, so this really will be a build for dummies or novices. I will be taking all necessary steps to meet Elite with this build. Please give me some feedback and let me know your thoughts...

Here is the object of my affections, my fresh from wallyworld stormtrooper blaster, love that paint scheme!

IMAG0011.jpg

My hot command center, with white armor on laptop handy, and can of NOS energy drink and random supplies

IMAG0013.jpg

Here is the one piece i glued right out of the gate to see if the glue i bought was any good. It wasn't, so i will have to get better glue, but there is plenty to do first

IMAG0014.jpg

Sanded off all the trademarks and fine print

IMAG0015.jpg

Dremeled/Sanded off the t track on this side, this is a necessary step for having elite blaster

IMAG0016.jpg

Dremeled/Sanded off blaster tip, keeping led intact

IMAG0017.jpg

Chopped off front of scope also

IMAG0018.jpg

figured out where i needed to drill my holes, again for the elite requirement

IMAG0019.jpg

here is my gun with holes, gonna have to work on them, a little ugly, did i mention i have no skills at this stuff, time to touch them up with xacto knife and sanding

IMAG0020.jpg

hollowed this piece out, again gonna have to do some heavy sanding to make this not look sloppy! dummies build day 1 is over, glueing and painting will be coming soon!!!

IMAG0021.jpg

http://silverboydcreations.blogspot.com/2011/04/e-11-stormtrooper-blaster-and-display.html

Looks good....one thing I wish I would've done for my Hasbro conversion was hollowing out the iron sight in the very tip of the blaster. I may do it one day. Here's alink to my E-11 blaster build

well night two is complete, here is the newest dummies guide update

thanks to the advice i got some awesome glue, this stuff rocks

IMAG0022-1.jpg

i tested with the magazine piece and by 20 mins it was bonded solid

IMAG0023-1.jpg

i started with the bottom and side pieces and used painters tape to hold it tight

IMAG0024-1.jpg

while it was drying i put on the bottom end piece, and let gravity help this and the previous pieces bond

IMAG0025-1.jpg

while still upside down i added the folding stock piece and again just used gravity to let it adhere

IMAG0027-1.jpg

after the bottom pieces were solid i flipped the gun over and attached the scope piece

IMAG0028-1.jpg

while scope was drying i also added this piece

IMAG0029-1.jpg

i then worked on the left side of the gun which was the magazine clip and t track, layed gun on its side and used gravity for 20 mins or so

IMAG0032-1.jpg

when that dried i added the gun barrel tip with led still visible

IMAG0033-1.jpg

next was the d-ring and made sure to get it straight and even

IMAG0036-1.jpg

added my shorter t track leaving the 1hole exposed like the reference pics i saw on right side

IMAG0039-1.jpg

added this last bit on top of magazine

IMAG0040-1.jpg

thats all for night 2. next will be filling in holes, sanding and painting. Stay tuned! Here is what she looks like up to this point

IMAG0041-1.jpg

IMAG0042-1.jpg

lemme know whatcha think!

• 2 weeks later...

Its painting time

IMAG0009.jpg

I filled in all of the screw holes, overfilled, and then sanded down to make it flush again

IMAG0026.jpg

added a layer of primer krylon paint

IMAG0030.jpg

next I added a layer of silver paint for the weathering effect

IMAG0034.jpg

I had read that the scope weathers gold, so i went back and added a gold undercoat of silver effect

IMAG0043.jpg

now onto the satin black krylon for plastics first coat. I tried to make this coat thin and even

more pics to follow! Let me know what you think...

• 2 weeks later...