• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks again.

Ā 

I am sure I can get it all done today. I have a few hundred powerful magnets as well as the super quick drying Stelmax to get the job done quickly. I actually got half the gluing done last night so today should be a breeze. I just have to pace myself and time everything right. Rushing is when mistakes happen and I don't have time to start forming any new parts if I mess up, so I have to get it right.

Well, I got it done. Don't ask me how but I did it somehow. What an awesome day it was too! All the hard work paid off and it was really so cool to see my Son and Steve SW1 trooping together. They both had a blast. It was also great to finally meet Steve and Karen, and to see some old faces from the UKG (FBJ, 89batman, and few others).

Ā 

As usual, I didn't take many photos, but I am sure there will be more coming soon. Here are a couple that I did take.

ivCHSc4.jpg

kQcJwho.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

10 years old and already handling original props. Like a boss! :D

Ā 

The armour came out outstanding, and it suits him like a glove (no surprise!). I really have to come and troop MEM somtime. :)

Nice job! And it all paid off in the end, mission complete.

Ā 

How do you like the finished suit? Any modification upcoming or are happy with the current molds? The suit is amazing well done.

Just got back from one of the best weekend's i have had at MEM and this was one of my top highlights meeting Paul and his son Luke , seeing Luke in his new Accurate 1.5 TM was unreal in every detail ;),with hours and hard work Paul has made the perfect scalled down accurate replica to the bigger version kudos to you mate your talent is well i dont need to say anymore your work speak's for it's self :salute: ,so it was a privalage to get kitted up in my 1.5 TM Luke replica suit and go out trooping with Luke , Ohh yes Luke and Luke and the Princess my missus Karen , got to say me and Karen agree that Luke is a natural trooper and i could see Paul was the proudest dad :duim: .

Ā 

Here are a few Pic's more to come :smiley-sw013:

Ok7mN0x.jpg

PJ7UrVH.jpg

mETITRy.jpg

zP3eA9e.jpg

Ā 

Should be TM NOT DM :laugh1:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

That must be why he thought his XL shins were important!

Ā 

One question for you Paul.

Ā 

You build, super accurate, massive attention to detail because you obviously love your craft, but you don't troop? What got you into crafting armor then?

I'm not that tall. It's the two short ar$e troopers that make me look tall :lol: Just under 6' in my flat feet.

Ā 

This hobby for me is about creating the Stormtrooper. I have always been artistic from a very young age and many people have said to me over the years that I was wasting my talent as a builder. I love the other side of trooping. The sculpting, researching, finding, learning, all that kind of stuff is what I love to do. I am quite happy to look at my armour on my mannequin and wear it in the house every now and then. I also get very claustrophobic inisde the helmet after a few minutes so I would probably freak out if I had to wear the enitre suit for too long :P

Well Paul, The hobby is made better because of your attention to detail and skill at crafting the pieces and creating the true stormtrooper... for old and young!

It's exactly like reality though, the armorer is never a knight. Being an armorer is a full time job, there is no room to make the armor and wear it!

This is great Paul thank you for posting these detail photos for us to see ,seeing i was unable to get a really close look at MEM with Luke wearing it ;)

It feels so weird looking at this and thinking "this is a kids suit" when everything is perfectly scaled and there is no reference of size. :)

Ā 

That is great to hear you say that. That is exactly the kind of responce I was hoping for. The entire suit is a scaled down version of a full sized original that has been painstakingly crafted to be a perfect replica. I will take some more photos with a full sized helmet for scale later.

Ā 

This is great Paul thank you for posting these detail photos for us to see ,seeing i was unable to get a really close look at MEM with Luke wearing it ;)

Ā 

You're welcome.

Ā 

Luke had to go and spoil it by wearing the armour. He's good like that :lol:

Paul looking at these close up's is truely remarkable how you have scalled everything down the abb button plates and the scaled down Newey's and bolts and bars and elastics :wub: and to right you could just aswell be looking at a full size suit :jc_doublethumbup: and as Billy mentioned mini flat on the inner forearm B) this is certainly a labour of love , i cant stop staring at it ;) , i was lucky to hold the Helmet at MEM and i was blown away by the scale and the detail and those little mic tip's well Genius :salute:

Ā 

Can't wait to see it again mate ,a big congrats No 1 Dad :duim: