shadow dale

secracium

Guest Bezerkus

I dealt with them last year with their PVC neck seal (great piece by the way) after seeing a thread over on the RPF about them, and yes they may take a little while as they told me they don't keep a stock of these, but rather make to the custom order when they come in. It was just this time last year and they said I wouldn't be able to get it until after halloween (I'm sure they're busy this time of year). I rushed it and they promised before then and they did keep their promise. If you pay the surcharge to rush it, I believe they're pretty accurate with the ETA, but that has been my only experience with them so far. Very prompt with their email responses to my inquiries before.

I've heard only what Terrell says, but agree with Bernard that for the money you can take the pattern and have a local tailor make you one. There is also costumebay on Ebay, but you should probably read up on the Officers Det forum for these things. They have their fans and detractors both.

Also got the PVC neck piece from them. Assured it would be done by C-IV, got it several weeks AFTER. That said, it IS very nice. So far as I am any type of judge at least... Glad I got an ID done in time instead.

CostumeBay's stuff is very reasonable for the price, but seem to be aimed more at capturing the overall look and feel, rather than being dead-on accurate. Lady friend has an ID by them, and it's not too bad as a start, once the accessories are upgraded.

Thanks for the input, guys. I was acutally considering them if I decide to go for an officer's uniform, but that won't be for a while; at least not until I finish my TK. I did get a neckseal from TK409 which I am very happy with, it's far better than the pvc one that makes my neck sweat.

Shadowdale's work is excellent. I had an officer's cap made by them and it looks and fits great. I added my own greeblie so I can't vouch for theirs.

However, I do agree that they take longer than what they quote on larger items. They did some custom work for me and though it was delivered on time for the event I needed it for, it was later than the time we agreed upon and they had to overnight it to me to get it there before I left town. The work itself was fantastic.

As for costume bay...they are a cosplay company, plain and simple. They do not use quality materials and are not in the market for accuracy. Their officer's uniforms look good in photos but don't look good in person. (My HO, only).