Curious about the O2 canister

In the CRL the O2 canister is recommended against, and is not allowed for EIB. Which visual reference is this based on? I always thought Battlefront was the main reference for HWTs...

As any sandtrooper can attest to, wearing a thermal detonator with the pack is highly impractical. I personally tried it once, it didn't work out so well.

In hindsight I think we should have allowed it via screen caps. It simply can't be done with a regular sandy backpack as Brian points out, but it's certainly possible that someone could make a more screen sized pack and still have the TD.

In hindsight I think we should have allowed it via screen caps. It simply can't be done with a regular sandy backpack as Brian points out, but it's certainly possible that someone could make a more screen sized pack and still have the TD.

If you could suspend the pack slightly higher off the butt plate it would be possible i think.

Otherwise, you will have an O2 canister up your backside!!

Suspending the pack higher than normal would be good if using the thermal but it's not comfortable in my opinion... I'd say just take it off the crl. Maybe in the battlefront games they just took the stormtrooper model and added the pack, pauldron and pouches and moved on and didn't think anyone would notice the TD (unsure.gif)

Edited by BananoPower22

It would appear the HWT pack is somewhat shorter than a Sandie's pack...

Though, upon a closer look at the screens, the O2 canisters in Battlefront are semicircular! :lol:

I think that if a person made a pack with an Alice frame, it actually is shorter than a sandy pack

and it curves away from the body at the bottom.

most of the HWT packs that I've seen just seem to be a little larger in scale than what we see in the game.

lot's of the packs look really great, but to me there's just a few details- the depth and height seem to

be just a little too large...

any thoughts?

I think that if a person made a pack with an Alice frame, it actually is shorter than a sandy pack

and it curves away from the body at the bottom.

most of the HWT packs that I've seen just seem to be a little larger in scale than what we see in the game.

lot's of the packs look really great, but to me there's just a few details- the depth and height seem to

be just a little too large...

any thoughts?

I couldn't agree more. There is a big emphasis on the fact that HWTs aren't just clean Sandies, and the backpack seems to be rather overlooked in that.

It seems most of the reference pics of the HWTs have been taken from PS2 screenshots. I'm going to endeavour to get some good hi-resolution screens from my PC (using Battlefront II). Hopefully, we should be able to see some good detail on the backpack, and maybe get some shots we could scale from to work out exactly how big it should be...