Acima's TM build[*TM]

Did you not find that the humbrol satin white, although goes on ok dries slightly off-white?

Yes, it does dry just a tiny bit more yellow then the armor. Though it isn't that noticable. Might try some gloss white on some left over abs to see if it works better. Still, pretty happy with the outcome so far.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished all the screws and painted them white. Though I should post a picture on how it will look when the strapping is all in..

armor_07.jpg

This is how it looks between the back and kidney plate.

ABS paste is very simple to make. Get a little glass jar with a lid, cut up a bunch of tiny abs bits you have left over from trimming, put them in the jar, and add acetone so it just covers the abs shrapnel. Remember to thighten the lid good. Now wait a day or two ^^

Should look something like this:

abspaste.jpg

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Way to go Girl :peace: I just luv how you have postioned the snaps as per the origanal straping system , and also added the screws to give it the ilousion , Luv your TK Shirt but like you say your in Love ;)

PS Likeing your Stormtrooper Glitzey Phone very cool .

Edited by SW1

ABS paste is very simple to make. Get a little glass jar with a lid, cut up a bunch of tiny abs bits you have left over from trimming, put them in the jar, and add acetone so it just covers the abs shrapnel. Remember to thighten the lid good. Now wait a day or two ^^

Should look something like this:

abspaste.jpg

Hope that helps!

Hi Acima, I am making a pot of this goo to fill a couple of rivet holes in a sniper plate. Is there any particular technique to using this stuff in order to help it set, or is it a case of filling the hole, waiting for it to harden and then sanding.

Also, as it is made with Acetone I assume splattering all over is not a good idea as it would melt the ABS.

Any help on this would be great.

Alan

Just leave it alone and it'll get hard (all the way through) within a few hours. A little splatter is no biggie, it's not going to melt a big hole in your armour. But as always, mind what you do. After it's hardened you can sand it smooth if needed.

Just leave it alone and it'll get hard (all the way through) within a few hours. A little splatter is no biggie, it's not going to melt a big hole in your armour. But as always, mind what you do. After it's hardened you can sand it smooth if needed.

Thanks Mathias

Well first go at using the ABS paste goo stuff, does get around lol

Whats the best way of rebuffing ABS to a shine after sanding it down, is it worth clear laquering it or just gloss white humbrol?

Thanks

Well first go at using the ABS paste goo stuff, does get around lol

Whats the best way of rebuffing ABS to a shine after sanding it down, is it worth clear laquering it or just gloss white humbrol?

Thanks

Novus polish. You can buy some from trooperbay.com or you could check out a motorcycle shop. its been found at Harley Davidson dealerships here in the states and i think in the UK but not too sure.

Thanks Rolf! I'm trying.

The shins are more or less done now, and just needs a few more straps on the torso for that to be finished.

armor_09.jpg

armor_08.jpg

armor_10.jpg

Edit:

Adding a picture of my strapping so far..

armor_11.jpg

How am I doing so far?

Edited by Acima

I won't really "use" this as I don't have an E-11, going to use a DLT-19, still I got to have one.. so made this just now. Will probably make another one once I get an E-11.

holster_01.jpg

Edited by Acima