Acima's TM build[*TM]

BTW guys. How many mm are the over- and under arm strips suppose to be? Can't seem to remember :S

Edited by Acima

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 mm on the arms. 20 mm on the legs, except for the back of the shins, where you can go 25 mm to cover the opening a little better. :)

Thanks alot Billhag :) it's nice to hear I'm on the right track.

Ā 

So, just been trimming a bit more lately, not so fun to show pictures of that.. just want to show what I've been working on tonight:

Ā 

IMAG0551.jpg

Ā 

Well, this is also trimming, but I think they are cute and wanted to show them^^ Also found these to be very fun to trim down.

In other news, my tubes of E6000 has arrived, so when I get my magnets I'll start glueing. Yay! And got humbrol paints yesterday so will be painting the details on my helmet and ab buttons very soon.

Edited by Acima

Did you get a sniper kneeplate and TD buttons as well? If so are you going to use them or can i get them? :)

Ā 

No. Told TM I was going for a TK not a TD. But I guess you can allways order det extra pieces :) You going sand?

comming along nice Karin , what humbrol blue paint are you going for on the abb buttons french blue or midnight ? the color has always been a debate but i think most go with the French blue .

comming along nice Karin , what humbrol blue paint are you going for on the abb buttons french blue or midnight ? the color has always been a debate but i think most go with the French blue .

Ā 

Thanks! I'll be going with midnight blue for the ab buttons and french blue for the tube stripes. Seems to be the most correct to me.

Ok, did some more work last night.

Ā 

straps.jpg

Ā 

Straps are trimmed and the edges sanded perfectly smooth^^

Ā 

(and notice the girly, yet geeky, TK tube stripe inspired nailpolish!)

No. Told TM I was going for a TK not a TD. But I guess you can allways order det extra pieces :) You going sand?

Ā 

Yepp, im joining up with the dirty boys. Orderd my orange pauldron from tk510 and i am waiting for sniper knee plate and buttons from TM. but i got impatient so i thought i take a chance and ask ;)

Ā 

Progress is looking great btw! :D

Just started the prosess of painting all the details on the helmet. As I want the screen accurate look I'll be doing all the handpainting myself :)

Ā 

paint_01.jpg

Ā 

Using Pandatroopers painting method and have just finished the first coat of the black outline. Now I'll be drinking some coffee while watching the paint dry.

Edited by Acima

Just started the prosess of painting all the details on the helmet. As I want the screen accurate look I'll be doing all the handpainting myself :)

Ā 

paint_01.jpg

Ā 

Using Pandatroopers painting method and have just finished the first coat of the black outline. Now I'll be drinking some coffee while watching the paint dry.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

facebook_like_button_small02.png

Ā 

:duim:

As watching paint dry is rather tedious, I amuse myself by taking pictures^^

Ā 

paint_02.jpg

Ā 

First coat of grey is done. Might go over the black line again when I'm finished with the grey. Feeling it's a tiny bit on the thin side.. might just be me who is picky though.