Shoulder strap question

I began my armor build, YAY! Got all the pieces cut, trimmed and glued. However, When I started running my harness straps, I noticed the white plastic shoulder straps were to long for my liking. Is there a way to shorten them? Or is it acceptable to cut them shorter? Any info is appreciated.

I read over the CRL. It doesn't say anything about cutting?

Shoulder Straps

These must be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.

No visible rivets are allowed.

These must free float in back.

These must be glued in front.

Straps need to be connected to the white under strap connecting the chest/back with an elastic band.

You also want the front of the shoulder bridges low enough on the chest plate so that they are almost in line with the neck opening. This is usually several ribs into the bridge. A lot of people mount them too high.

Look at screenshots for reference.

usually the way to make them fit best is so that they are un cut, and are glued to the front.

Han solo has 5-6 ribs glued down. and luke has a different number.

you can make them fit by taping the chest and back as close together as possible and keep the chest plate

tight against your neck and up high. then bend your shoulder straps into a horseshoe shape and then decide where

to glue the fronts down. you need to keep everything aligned at this step!

how the entire armor fits depends upon these little details you can choose...

don't be tempted to cut the end off... that makes the armor look bad.

the language about how they are fitted starts with base 501st requirements, and then progresses into different requirements starting

with Expert infantry, and then centurion.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Only the front part has the slope. So you can cut the rear one off :)

Really? Interesting... I think mine still has the tab on the back, though it's shorter than the front one. how does this affect EIB?

Cheers,

W B)

dont cut them in the front! but cutting off the tab in the back (if it is too long) should be fine for centurion

LOL, I would NEVER dream of cutting them in the front. I was referring to cutting them in the back.