TKC belt rivet question

so the crl says for centurion

There shall be two white rivets on the belt to the left of the thermal detonator.

does anyone have screenshots or a diagram that can better explain the placement of these rivets. Are these regular pop rivets, or are they the solid head rivets?

Thanks

Sean

The TKC. Mason probably has a closer pix, but they are actually where the holster rivets would go:

6NPLwSZ.jpg

We could probably word it better.

i am working on that part right now ;) id say a normal rivet would work, but filling the hole looks a little better to me. JB weld works good for filling the rivets

hmm..?? im looking at some new pics and there are rivets on both the left and right of the TD --------

looks like 8 total rivets and they are silver

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 4/27/2011 at 10:44 PM, dashrazor said:

hmm..?? im looking at some new pics and there are rivets on both the left and right of the TD ----------

looks like 8 total rivets and they are silver

yeah, looks like that :)

So would you say, have those 8 rivets and have the holster hanging off anh style from the left set of rivets?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

i would just loop the holster as it is not really a part of the actual costume, more of a convenience thing (a place to stick your blaster)

if you want to attach i would attach it in ROTJ style, on the right held with 2 rivets.. another direct relation to ROTJ.. most troopers on screen had no holster, i think out of all the scenes i could only spot 3 and those were on the right ;)

mason and I have been discussing the belt, and from his most recent screen caps we have noticed that they are most likely not rivets!~

they appear to be actual grommet holes like on the old fashioned WWII webbing belts that have placements for hanging canteens

and ammo pouches.

the belt actually appears to be exactly like the LFL ANH stormtrooper belt that was released at C V.

from his screencaps you can see that the belt plastic is also not centered on the belt, but is aligned to the top of the plastic belt.

YGYWlLR.jpg

f4dGRqn.jpg

you can clearly see that the grommets are 2 in a vertical line spaced evenly all across the belt.

not just beside the T Det.

"the belt plastic is also not centered on the belt, but is aligned to the top of the plastic belt."

could you clarify this Vern? so i can better understand what you mean

and where can we find photos for the belt from CV ?? :)

i found the pics of the suit at C5

xXkZLot.jpg

gKy7aJa.jpg

I really dont think this is a good reference due to the slapped together look of the armor, and the belt has way too many holes. but i think vern has a good point.. it does look like grommets on the tkc belt.

I asked them (MR) about that suit and they said to ignore the belt - as you noted they just needed something for a prototype.

To me they don't look like grommets at all - just brads really.

i agree. could be rivets brads or grommets?.. the details are really subject to individual interpretation. i think as long as the details looks similar is size and are positioned correctly it should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

how about using grommets with a hole in them? is that ok?

for the belt alignment in relation to the belt, simply look closely at your provided screenshots.

to me it looks like grommets with 2 vertically spaced evenly according to your diagram

ODikprP.jpg

LtgZS5F.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

finally bought the game :P and playing it, and while looking at screenshots, it is quite clear that on the plastic belt, there are the covers, unlike ROTJ armour. But it only looks like they are on the outer rivets (no rivet on the centre) EJGlFzr.jpg

I also noticed that on both sides of the ab piece/kidney piece there are two rivets, similar to ANH/ESB.

So, was wondering what people's thoughts are on this? Should we make it necessary for centurion?

They are in the process of being added as "should haves", and may someday be "must haves". For the rivet covers on the belt, while the outside ones are required it's a conversation still whether the missing middle one is intentional, or really just a costume flub by the game designer.