My Armour

mrfurious

Its far from perfect. but its my first attempt, a few things need adusting but i wanted to show whats done so far.Had a few problems due to my size,6'3 and a bit bulky....Please be gentle

y6Oe5id.jpg

6LXqOQb.jpg

gk6Ra0p.jpg

please excuse my balding head and big kid look on my face!!

doM66UD.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore the image by Sly11, 2020

thanks for the comments so far, much appreciated, one problem i have is the thighs, as im a footballer my thighs are quite large and the bottom of them are pinching my knees, should i maybe attach them higher up??

Here are my helmets

DSC01248.jpg.7214facd6d8f7a515ca4e4a2f9cf678d.jpg

still need to do a bit on the one on the right.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

one problem i have is the thighs, as im a footballer my thighs are quite large and the bottom of them are pinching my knees, should i maybe attach them higher up??

For "big thigh guys", the best solution is to add a shim to the rear seam of the thigh armor. That increases the circumference of the thigh armor to better fit the leg. You may have to vary the width of the shim along its length, depending on the shape of your leg. Some guys use excess ABS plastic for the shim, and others use some sort of vinyl plastic (like that found in a white plastic trash container. Good luck with the customizing!

looking good, looks like we got the same lid, i got the oppiste problem im a short a very impolite person :) Would like to post some pic's of armour but having trouble with few things mainly the straping system , waiting for a local UKG to get in contact with me for a bit of xtra help :)

i dont know what it is to be honest, yes its a Grp suit, which is fine by me. Dont know if its FX?? Not a problem though is it??

NOOOOOOO dont get me wrong ,was not putting it down .just look at the prositive posts you have on the look ,you have put the parts together well on a difficult material to deal with.what i have noticed is that the elastic that binds the shoulder bells round the biseps would look better black as screen used.

thanks peter, i know some dont like grp, well proberly most but i got it at one hell of a good price, and i cant afford the tm suit at the moment,

i have made the black elastic straps for the biceps tonight thanks for the advice on that.

just need my belt back from firebladejedi so i can progress further.