English Star Wars Life Size Costume Stormtrooper Armor

Pallados

Hey, all. I'm NOT looking at this to buy, but *ALMOST* got suckered into this before I found FISD. (thought process was "I'll just pay $1500 and have it all done for me." Yeah, I know better now). :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/English-Star-Wars-Life-Size-Costume-Stormtrooper-Armor-/310307130438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483fbf0c46

I'm curious to know what kind of armor this was derrived from? I'm not experienced enough to be able to glance at the photos and say "that's a -blah-" yet. Is it an FX recast? I've looked around the first page or so of this "eBay Armor" forum and couldn't find any info on it.

Ad states "The armour is 501st approved", which I now know means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I got confused when it states "It is a fully assembled kit!" and then later says "Directions where to download the instructions". Huh?! :blink:

Ugh, it really disgusts me every time I see a sell like this and people fall for it and spend all that money, when they could get a really good armor for a 3/4 of that price (i'm not sure if it's right, i'm not good at math.. laugh.gif)

I looked through his ebay store, and he has a sandtrooper for sale too. It looked a little better but he is selling it for 2500 bucks. OUCH You could get a complete one off of MEPD for less than that.

On a side note the actual store is in Dallas so I might have to go by there some day just to see the vintage toys.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought an FX kit off of "Stormtrooper Shop UK", is this the same seller or a completely different animal?? Yes, I know Ebay = BAD, but I put it down as being new and not knowing any better. But I wasnt crazy enough to drop that kind of cash

I bought an FX kit off of "Stormtrooper Shop UK", is this the same seller or a completely different animal?? Yes, I know Ebay = BAD, but I put it down as being new and not knowing any better. But I wasnt crazy enough to drop that kind of cash

Check the shins. If there's two lefties, it's the same guys.

Stormtrooper Shop UK and onetofivedayauctions are completely different sellers.. The first is UK based, the other US.

Onetofivedayauctions is a well know scammer to the vintage toy collectors. You can find many things about him on Rebelscum forums.. Real name is Shaun Neinast.

Very surprised he has gone into the costuming side of things...

Either way, with both sellers. It is STAY AWAY as it's thin recast FX/AP/TE derivitive rubbish.