My armour. Will it pass this time?

Here is my armour that has been altered slightly as per the instructions of the UKG.

I hope this time it'll pass.

Hopefuly it'll help anyone trying to make armour and get passed in the UKG.

u3t2iXi.jpg

7OZ974D.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Looks like you're missing black stripe(s) on the ear detail, you only have the gray area with the black outline. Also, the gray on the ears looks lighter than the traps and tears - should be the same shade of gray instead.

Looks like you're missing black stripe(s) on the ear detail, you only have the gray area with the black outline. Also, the gray on the ears looks lighter than the traps and tears - should be the same shade of gray instead.

The grey on the ears is lighter but is the correct humbrol number. I didn't paint the frown and the tears are decals. My GLM didn't mention there being a problem with the variation in paint colour.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need a black stripe on the ear. You can either have 0, 1, 2 or 3. If this isn't the case I can add 1.

Well I do need to alter the helmet foam, but I couldn't be arsed to mess around any longer. Today it's too damn stuffy to spend an hour getting the armour to sit perfectly only to be told something else isn't quite right with it and I'll have to alter it again.

The grey on the ears is lighter but is the correct humbrol number. I didn't paint the frown and the tears are decals. My GLM didn't mention there being a problem with the variation in paint colour.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need a black stripe on the ear. You can either have 0, 1, 2 or 3. If this isn't the case I can add 1.

the current ANH crl states "The gray "ear" bars have three of four bumps, with a black outline. The bumps may or may not be painted"

also there is nothing in the crl that requires exact color matching for helmet details.

the only thing i can see is that your shoulder bells could be adjusted a bit (they are pulling back quite a bit). but that is a minor strapping adjustment.

overall it looks smashing :duim:

good luck ;)

the current ANH crl states "The gray "ear" bars have three of four bumps, with a black outline. The bumps may or may not be painted"

also there is nothing in the crl that requires exact color matching for helmet details.

the only thing i can see is that your shoulder bells could be adjusted a bit (they are pulling back quite a bit). but that is a minor strapping adjustment.

good luck ;)

Yeah the bells for some reason today decided not to sit properly. They look and sit fine in my other pics.

Again, I want to make minor alterations to the armour to make it sit better, but my ultimate concern was getting the back to sit closer and to fix the forearms. If my GML has issues with the shoulders I'll send pics I took previously.

Again, heat plus me having a rather heavy cold and bad chest at the moment ment I just wanted the pics taken quickly so I could take off the armour and helmet and be able to breathe. :lol:

i noticed the bells were correct in your other pics. so as i stated, it is a minor strapping adjustment ;) i hear you on the cold lol. im about to keel over :blink: tis the season

good luck ;)

This is really the matter between must vs should. On the minimum standards Mason's right, but FBJ has good advice if you want to move up the accuracy bar a bit.