Painting inside My new AP Bucke

Hi troops,

As I assembled temporarily my new AP bucket I thought should I paint the interior of the helmet black.

Well after reading and some advice from some of you folk.

Yes I will paint inside.

But before I paint this baby inside I have three questions

1) Do AP buckets need to be primed before I apply the black spray paint (I'm not sure yet if I should use truck bed linner to give it texture).

2) Also I guess its best to spray it before I cut out the eyes and teeth and assemble correct. (masking the outside ofcourse)

3) Do Ap helmets need to be sprayed white inside first to avoid the black coming though and turning my helmet a different shade of white tone or is the plastic thick enought to stop the black showing though the plastic in certain areas were the plastic is thin.

Thnaks guys maybe I'm a bit parranoid but I dont what to screw up my armor.

Appreciate your help ( I hope to paint up this week end.

Regards,

Pablo.

Hello Pablo,

I would definitely give the interior a coat of white primer before painting. Also, you may want to evaluate whether truck bed liner would be the right stuff.

Remember, you will be wearing that thing for hours on end and truck bed liner is a pretty harsh chemical. The fumes could be pretty bad.

Always prime plastic before painting, at least give it a good scrub with some 80-100 grit sandpaper, or both (especially ABS).

You can always use masking tape to protect the whit exterior, I also wrap the exterior in a plastic shopping bag when painting.

Edited by TK 4702

I used rubberized undercoating. It is for automobiles and usually used to coat the underside of cards to protect them from the road elements. I love it. Mine has been this way since i joined in Oct of 2007 and my helmet shows no signs of staining or discoloration from it.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Wow, so many options and posibilities.

I see now what everyone says, theres no 1 correct way to assemble you armor and it depends on whats right for me.

ok guys I take everything in consideration and look at my harware store what they have, and I'll let everyone know how I go,

One thing I did get certain from all your replies, that I will prime it first with good white Primer.

I'll also post some pics. I guess its my choice now lets see how it goes and what I can find to paint with.

Thanks gentlemen.

Cheers.

Pablo.