high detail INC screens

dashrazor

wow !

That will help a lot !!

Well, it clearly shows that there are trims on all the parts, so no pics before adding the next ones...

I'll order other trims this week end I think :unsure:

Do you think we have to separate the cod piece and the ab ?

there is some black part between them...

I still have the drop boxes in black but I think I'll light them viewing those pics.

Well I've got a lot of work to do to make it really accurate :(

no i wouldn't separate the cod piece and the ab.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Awesome screen caps Mason. It looks like there are 3 vertical stripes on thee forearms. Is that right?

It appeaars that the front and back vertical trim is red and a 3rd stripe is on the inside center of the forearm.

Also has a stripe across the top edge of the bicep. Should I do my paint scheme exactly like that?

have any of these for the HWT or the TKC?

I'm really getting ready for both of those!

awesome shots!

sweet Vern!!! cant wait to see this.. i did the TKC already but the HWT i still need better quality.. i want to get my PS2 emulator working again so i can get the best possible quality screens .. i lost my BIOS files lol :P

Mason, I see some kind of buttons on the ab, back and the belt.

How can we make this ? They don't seem to maintain anything (for ab and back).

As I use velcro for the belt, I think I'll put some button heads.

the problem with not wearing the shoulder bell is it is impossible to get a regular pauldron to bend like that.. (trust me i tried everthing :P ) even if you bend the pauldron like i did HERE it still looks really lop sided without the bell under it :blink:

it was likely just left out of the game because of a limitation in the skinning

check out the shadow incinerator, 2nd trooper from the left (this is concept art, but it shows the other shoulder bell)

YA6oiPw.jpg

as for the belt, they appear to be rivets :D but i dont think they will be required under the current standards

it was likely just left out of the game because of a limitation in the skinning

as for the belt, they appear to be rivets :D but i dont think they will be required under the current standards

Well, ok for rivets :), I'll buy them this afternoon with the tool to put them xD

For the shoulder, bell, it's not relly hard to get something right with the pauldron and the CRL ask to get just one (in should have things if I remember well)

They will be when we do Centurion for the ICN, but are not needed for EI or CRL.

You mean 2 shoulder bells for centurion ?

I'm really interested as I'd like to prepare my armor for EIB and centurion at the same time :)

You mean 2 shoulder bells for centurion ?

I'm really interested as I'd like to prepare my armor for EIB and centurion at the same time :)

Actually I was referring to the rivets on the belt. Since the Legion requires both shoulder bells, so to does EI & Centurion as well.

As Mason noted, it didn't look right anyway w/o the right bell.

Actually you may want to wait...The current EI says:

* Pauldron should fold over the right shoulder bell and be fitted, replacing the bell (see visual references)

However that was done when none of us had really made one and just looked off the visual references. As Mason and now you (Steve) are doing this, your opinions really matter, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on if we should continue with this or if it's better that the costume have the second shoulder bell.

:)

Thanks so much Paul.

Well, for my point, I think that the second shoulder bell is really absent in this armor.

If we look at the ref pics, the pauldron is straight in the back so, if the shoulder bell were omitted for animation, the back part should be there as it's only skinning.

I don't know if I explain well my thoughs ^^" sometimpes my english is not as good as I 'd like it is :huh:

really unless you can make a pauldron out of a very flexible/stretchy material and add padding to lift it up and keep the shape. i dont see how it will look right.. i tried this with my paudron and far too much black showed and the shoulder without the bell was slumped down and uneven from the left.. i would say it would be a nice to have (even for centurion) as it would be very difficult to do without making a new type of pauldron from scratch.

Hi guys !

I just saw that difference between normal armor and TFU one :

--------

I think it could be great to cut the armor like the one in the game to be more and more accurate.

I think I'll cut it as in the game because the normal shape doesn't allow me to rely on a seat :P but the TFU shape would be great for it in addition to being accurate ^^

What you guys think ?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The butt you show looks overly trimmed, or not folded right. Compare that to these butts:

-----------

Looks like a TM butt to me on the render.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

It looks like that yes, but the screen is taken in a low-angle shot and there is no armor between the legs.

Well, it's probably for animation ;)

My armor is too thick to be deformed like that so that why I thought cut it to get the good shape as in the screenshot :)