img0660t.jpg

img0654c.jpg

img0652f.jpg

img0642kz.jpg

img0650z.jpg

img0648j.jpg

Only one "problem"

pfffft.jpg

This was laying in the box, so, what glue should i use?

img0637l.jpg

And how do i get the weapon back from this crazy alien life form??? :D

Edited by ctankep

Nope. But go to TK-4510s store and order some. You can never have too much of it! And when your TM arrives, even if you order it prebuilt, you still may want to have some E-6000 close at hand. It's the shucks.

But if you really just want to glue it back on, then I guess any glue will do.

Edited by Locitus

Men det måste ju finnas något som motsvarar e6000 på svenska marknaden?

Verkar konstigt annars!

It's wierd, but none that I've heard of. The thing with E-6000 is that it stays a little flexible after it has cured, unlike most glues that become hard, and therefore brittle. Also, with E6000, you can remove it, if you're careful, and redo what you did in case you mess up.

There are some sites in Sweden that sell E-6000 but with the dollar as low as it is now, it's cheaper to order it from the states.

Edited by Locitus

SDS E-11, its sweet! :D

Ok thanks, i'll have to save up money for that glue. Unless you could lend me some on saturday in gbg. :P

I could bring a little to gbg, yeah. But I recommend you to get some more either way. :)

Congratz Varg!! I am glad to see that you recieved your SDS E11... :Laser:

Also your daughter.. I mean the "alien life form" is precious :) and before long you will have two precious girls!! :salute:

:( Sorry to see that the bayonet bracket broke off. :( Have you contacted SDS about it, since it is new and came out of the shipping box from SDS that way. You could put in for a claim with the shipping service. There should be something that can be done about the E11 being replaced since it is new. You have a short window to make a claim, if you want to get a replacement.

If it was me and I paid for a new (undamaged) prop, I would take the opportunity to try to get a replacement. Just let SDS know that it came out of the box that way, and see what they say about replacing it.

Just my two cents..

If you are going to keep it and fix the bayonet bracket, I would use JB Weld.

JB Weld two part epoxy bonds, fills and repairs aluminum, brass, bronze, ceramic, copper, iron, pewter, plastic, porcelain, steel and wood. * For automotive, industrial, households, hobbies.

You can find it at your local Hardware/Home Improvement store, or on the internet.

jbweld_lrg.jpg

Isn't two part epoxy a little overkill? E-6000 holds your armour together during intensive trooping, so it would surely hold for something like the bayonet-bracket that receives little to no stress at all.

Not saying J-B Weld is bad, though :)

Absolutely nothing wrong with the E-6000. It is a very good product and holds very well.

No, the bayonet bracket should not get any real stress to it unless it gets set down improperly, grabbed by someone, or possibly it gets snagged on something like when it is coming out of the holster.

The two part epoxy mixture is closer to the material that the blaster is made of and makes and extremely strong bond.

Since Varg paid £150.00 plus S&H for the blaster and I am sure that he doesn't want to possibly lose that piece on a troop, that is why I suggested the JB Weld.

Some may say overkill, I call it extra insurance. ;)

Yeah some pieces on the SDS are a bit poorly glued down it seams.

I have one too, and my scope rail came undone shortly after my first troop. Now this rail is under more stress than the bayonet-bracket so it makes sense. I glued the scope rail back on with a little dab of E-6000 and it has been secure and steady ever since. :)

Thanks Tom! the rifle is pretty sweet, i would try a replacement but i don't feel like waiting weeks for a new one. Then gluing it on myself seems like a better alternative... Unfortunately the lose part seems more like the result of bad build than rough handling on transport. :/

I will try to get some glue, begging at the sci fi event in Gothenburg on Saturday since i got no money whatsoever at the moment :P

No can do mate. I'd get kicked out if i did that. I will however donate what's left in my tube of E6000 for ya once you get inside. Entrance should only be like 100 SEK so it's not too expensive.

it's really a nice looking gun... but the hengstler is mounted on the wrong lug

of the scopes... therefore, it's a little far back...

would be a lot better if it were mounted in the correct position!

again... nice blaster... but it's those little details that make for a really great prop!

the cocking spring is a little too long, has too many loops, and also there is no cocking handle on the bolt!

ah... the nit picks!