Shin questions

Kirby

Well thought it better to ask before going any further and making mistake that will take a lot of time to correct.

Q1. Should I leave the return at the top of the shin?

Q2. I know that the top front of the left will be cover by the sniper plate, but what about the right is mine ok or do I need to correct? (The circled portion)

Q3. Is the knee in about the right place and should it sit flush on the shin or is a little gap normal?

jvz4VkV.jpg

U4wKtbw.jpg

I hate asking all the questions but I am trying my best to get this right... AND I think Im going to need the help..:)

Shin looks alright to me.

The circled area. Yeah you could sand/file that down a little if it bothers you. I'm not sure about clearence issues, someone else I'm sure will clarify that.

The sniper plate looks to be in the right position, mine has slightly longer sides than yours appears to have.

Wow talk about learning something new...I looked them and really didnt see the difference until after you guys said what to look for... Its amazing how much more comfortable they fit when the are on the correct leg... Thankfully I only had one of them that I had already placed velcro on.. Just need remove that and make sure the flaps are to the inside and I should be OK... THANKS GUYS!!!!!!! Now I know...... thats half the battle...:)

I hate asking all the questions but I am trying my best to get this right... AND I think Im going to need the help..:)

Glad you got the help man!

And never, ever worry about asking a lot of questions! Believe me, I've been doing this a while now and STILL have to clarify things 100 times before I get it right in my head! :D

question asking is just a part of the game. i asked tons and tons of them when i was getting started. we all have been there. :P

never hesitate. :)

as far as the overlap issue goes, i had a similar issue myself... but it's not a huge deal. it'll be alright... this is what mine looks like.

QG912Vx.jpg

i'm actually thinking about doing that. but i'm kinda holding off on doing that. no real reason. i kinda just like it as is... but if ever there comes a EIB type thing that'd require it... it'll be done quickly. lol.

Maybe troop with it first, then when you start to feel the pinch, you can figure out where to remove the return edge.

I removed a bit at the back, as it was pinching me when i walked.

I did mine by following TKrestonva and Pandatroopers build that did not overlap,but used 2 pieces of cover strip (inside and outside)