First fit test [ATA]

reyde

This is the first time I put on the armour. It was for taking measurements for the strap system. You can see it is incomplete. What do you think?

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

looks great.. the only thing i see at first glance is the small gap at the bottom of the left thigh.. you should be able to glue a piece of scrap on the inside to hide it ;)

I imagined that. Now I have to think how to hide it the way it looks good.

Like Mason said use some scrap to fill in the gap. Here is what I would do. Glue a piece of scrap on each side of the inside of the gap, then use white model putty to smooth/blend the out side to give the contour and shape.

You might be asking why not just use one piece of scrap across the whole gap?

One reason is that the area could be a stress point and fillers may crack, the other reason is that you don't want the area to look like one piece, you want to have a slight seam. How much gap you have will depend on the look you are trying to achieve. Like Vern said above, the originals did have slight seam gaps in some of the suits, so I would not stress on making it super tight.

Check with your local hobby/model shops, they will have Model Putty, make sure you get it in white.

There are several brands of white model putty, out there.

GSP118.jpg

tes3511.jpg

i used plumbers goop as gap fill for some parts on my ATA

----------

it can be a bit messy but it is very flexible and bonds well.. for non flex like forearms/biceps parts i used a 2 part epoxy to fill any large gaps

now that we solved the how to possibly fix the slight gap issue, the only real thing i see that needs some attention is you seem to not have the green lenses. clear just doesnt work well. :P haha. kidding :D looks great. looks like you're not too far from having it complete. good job man :)

Thanks for your help. I prefer the leg to look as one piece, but as RogueTrooper says, it may crack with use, and the gap is more screen acurate. I think I´ll do that way, with two pieces.

Clear lenses are better for night operations :P That was solved last weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

How does the left bicep fit? Were you able to use accurate size cover strips front and back? If so, how tiny is your left arm??

Yes, I were able to put strips front and back. Although I have tiny arms, the bicep fit very tight, It don´t need strips to get in place. It´s funny, the arms close completely, but the shins don´t close, and need extensions.