Humbrol drying time

Hello everyone, I did a little weathering on my E-11 hasbro a few hours ago, and the paint is still extremely tacky... Is there any reason for this? It is painted on very thin, since i was just weathering it.

Thanks

Also, its raining outside...maybe this has something to do with it.

Edited by Wiggleplum

What's the weather like? If it's anything like it is here in the U.K it's a bit cold. That will effect drying time. If it's still tacky by the morning, then maybe add a coat of clearcoat? Mine was tacky after 24 hours of drying, so I put a clear coat on and it was fine after that.

Just an idea.

What's the weather like? If it's anything like it is here in the U.K it's a bit cold. That will effect drying time. If it's still tacky by the morning, then maybe add a coat of clearcoat? Mine was tacky after 24 hours of drying, so I put a clear coat on and it was fine after that.

Just an idea.

Great suggestion, ill pick up some clear coat in the morning if its still tacky.

Thanks for your help

I've had stuff still soft after two frigging days :angry:

I try to use the last remains of some older cans that I still have or Testors where possible.

The newer stuff is really hard work :angry:

I posted this a while back. I spoke to a Humbrol rep and they changed all the chemical formulas a couple years ago to remove "dangerous substances" which might be toxic, etc. This is why the colors look slightly different than the original ones and they are a thinner consistency as well. This is also why they take days to dry.

I have switched over to Testors model master paints for helmets etc. as they are more consistent in quality and dry overnight.

You need to shake the can for 2 mins, then stir for 2 mins minimum, it usually dries after 6 - 10 hours then.

Other than their blacks which are crud and which depending on the tin will either dry in 2 hours or never. :angry: