efx esb helmet

cameron

ok, i used the search thing and that was no help.. but if someone could point me in the right direction of where to get lenses for the efx esb helmet (can they go over the original lense to make it darker?)

what do i use to fill the jawline and where do i get it?

how many screws do i use and what kind and where do they go?

what do the ears look like and what paint do i use?

here is my helmet so far... (they are clickable)

post-14182-0-88041500-1295768705_thumb.jpg

post-14182-0-00859600-1295768717_thumb.jpg

ok ill try to answer all..... it may be easier to replace the lenses rather than adding to them, look in the "sales" sections right here on the F.I.S.D.

What do you mean by "fill the jawline" is there something wrong with it?? it looks to me that it just needs the screws adding (and lenses if they are too light)

As for the ear screw you need 3 per side - countersunk slotted (flat bladed screwdriver) i think they are 4 mm thread but someone may be able to elaborate on what the originals used, as for their position try looking on starwarshelmets.com Jez has some great pics and reviews of screen used helmets over there.

"Fill the jawline" refers to the MR/efx helmet problem that those are made from multiple sections, unlike the original helmets.

The "chin/jaw" is a seperate piece and the seam is more than visible.

A lot of tutorials can be found here for the MR CE ANH helmets, where people filled this seam in different ways to different effects (MR's an efx's helmets are exactly the same, save for some paint/decals).

You can read and see about the original screen lids over on this link: http://starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-helmets-sub-submenu.htm

If I may suggest, before doing anything to you eFx lid maybe look at getting a lid from one of the vendors here (some lid kits start at $125.00 and some of the "B" stock lid kits are well under $100.00). I think you will have more fun and end up with a lid that you will be happier with.

Either way you go, just mull over your options, and look at the mod tutorial that I gave you the link to see if you want to put that much time, energy and money into your EFX.

See which is the best way for you to go, modding your EFX or buying a more accurate lid kit, and going that route. :smiley-sw013:

>

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

"Fill the jawline" refers to the MR/efx helmet problem that those are made from multiple sections, unlike the original helmets.

The "chin/jaw" is a seperate piece and the seam is more than visible.

A lot of tutorials can be found here for the MR CE ANH helmets, where people filled this seam in different ways to different effects (MR's an efx's helmets are exactly the same, save for some paint/decals).

so, would i need to fill the jawline in mine? or can you tell?

and what vendors? what do their helmets look like? im keeping the efx as it is the first one i ever got and im going to mod it so i can use it until i get another lid

Edited by cameron

Cameron,

Before embarking on all that work and expenditure (getting another helmet) ask yourself what is your goal with your TK armor? If it is to become a member of the 501st and troop then you do not need to make all the modifications on your helmet. I was told by 501st Liaison Officer that the eFX helmet is accepted. If however you want to go EIB, screen original, etc..., then some changes are required (I believe).

I myself will change the lenses and add the screws on my eFX bucket. I may attempt to fill in the seam but will have to experiment with an acetone and abs mix.

Check out :

----------

for abs paste.

Cheers!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Hey Cameron,

If your goal is EIB, you should definitely check the EIB specific requirements before doing all that work on the eFX. It's a nice, affordable helmet and I own two myself, but I don't think any amount of modding can make it EIB accepted. I was looking at the EIB requirements last week and I'm pretty sure it states that no MRCE or eFX helmets are accepted.

I ended up getting a CAP helmet and I have to say I like it a lot better. The one I got already assembled, painted and ready to troop was only a little more than a new eFX bucket. If you're willing to build it yourself you can even get one for much less.

Actually, the eFx - like its MRCE predecessor - is Expert Infantry qualifiable with the proper mods. The question of whether or not it's best to put in the work or get something that's more accurate to begin with is still valid, but you can EI-qualify with a (modded) eFx.

As for the required mods, off the top of my head you'll need to fill the chin seam and replace the lenses at a minimum. By looking up a few of the MRCE mod threads - and Bluey's is probably the one most people refer to - you'll find out everything you need. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Cameron,

If your goal is EIB, you should definitely check the EIB specific requirements before doing all that work on the eFX. It's a nice, affordable helmet and I own two myself, but I don't think any amount of modding can make it EIB accepted. I was looking at the EIB requirements last week and I'm pretty sure it states that no MRCE or eFX helmets are accepted.

I ended up getting a CAP helmet and I have to say I like it a lot better. The one I got already assembled, painted and ready to troop was only a little more than a new eFX bucket. If you're willing to build it yourself you can even get one for much less.

where can i get a CAP helmet from? i did my first unofficial troop this past saturday, took a picture and realized it was a little big on me compared to a lot of the others helmets.

the one that is already assembled and everything

Edited by cameron

I have the same lid, i bought an extremely nice set from quartermaster (Jon) not to long ago and they look great, and they were affordable. They look black but they have a gren tint, even in a bright room it's extremly hard to see your eyes through them.

my profile picture has the stock lenses so don't think that those are the one's i bought.

Edited by Chunkaholic

• 6 months later...