Riddell Mini Stormtrooper Helmet

As I want my stuff to be as cool as possible, I've decided to build alot of the stuff that is shown inside of a Stormtrooper helmet inside of mine.

The only photos to find of the internal stuff of a Stormtrooper helmet are two photos from the Star Wars visual dictionairy, and I allready have that book and the same photos on my PC.

But, as some of you might know, there is a mini version made of the Stormtrooper helmet by Riddell, and this was made with all the junk inside of it, only thing is that all I can find of Riddell photos are of the front parts inside of the helmet, but no photos showing the stuff at the back of it, and I really need to figure out the padding in there.

Does anyone own the Riddell mini Stormtrooper helmet that could please post lots and lots of photos of the stuff inside the whole helmet?

I'm not planning on making it completely alike as it sais in the book that the stuff inside is changed all the time, so I'm just going to have the padding the same along with some other stuff.

Thanks.

That's actually a really cool idea that I already thought about some weeks ago while begining to think about the inside of m AP helmet.

I have the Riddell's Fett, Vader and 3PO, my friend has the stormy and I'll probably borrow it from him .. and take a LOT of picture of it.

I'll share them here if you want, I think it could be pretty interesting ...

From there, the problem is it's pretty tough to recreate this inside with the different boxes etc ... how were you planing to do this? Or with what material?

Cheers,

Al

I would also be interested in the pics. I have seen the SW visual dictionary that has a cut away, but it has been a while. What a cool mod to have a screen accurate bucket outside, and a visually accurate bucket on the inside.

Post away!!!!

:trooper:

That's actually a really cool idea that I already thought about some weeks ago while begining to think about the inside of m AP helmet.

I have the Riddell's Fett, Vader and 3PO, my friend has the stormy and I'll probably borrow it from him .. and take a LOT of picture of it.

I'll share them here if you want, I think it could be pretty interesting ...

From there, the problem is it's pretty tough to recreate this inside with the different boxes etc ... how were you planing to do this? Or with what material?

Cheers,

Al

Cool, thanks. Yes please share them here as the photos might be helpfull for other people making this.

I'm not too sure what I'm going to use at the moment, but I know I'm going to recreate the padding on the inside of it, the riddell one shows a head liner I think though. But we'll see, I need to hide electronics and batteries inside of the boxes also.

Lads, that visual dictionary shot, inside a TK lid, whilst cool, is totally fan made. It's an FX lid if you look closely

Very true. I was just not sure if that was "OK'ed" by Lucasfilm to use in the dictionary; thus close to the concept, or if the Riddell helmet was what Lucasfilm approved, or both (Man, that was a lot of commas!!! :wacko: ).

Anyone know, or is it just go with what you think looks cool. It would be nice to have a direction, but sometimes in this line of hobbies knowing which direction is the right one is almost impossible.

:trooper:

I've seen that this helmet was different from the ones in the movies, but its not an FX I believe, the eyes of the FX are sharper than this helmet, this one is just a oneoff of some sort I believe.

The stuff inside of it - it looks asif this is just some bad planned setup as it doesnt look asif one could wear it with all this stuff inside of it, so I plan on making my own design based on this helmet and the Riddell helmet, having the same-ish padding and parts on the sides, only the big blob of parts at front will be different.

I can scan the photos off the book later today and post them here (if thats legal) (Probably not)

Allright, so here are the scanned photos of the helmet, front view and side view.

-------------

As you can see, this helmet has padding in it that the Riddell helmet doesnt have, but I dont know if the Riddell has padding in the back of it as I've only seen photos of the stuff from the front.

Anyway, this helmet doesnt really look wearable as there is a big blob of stuff on the front of it, but the text about these helmets are:

(Translated from norwegian)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stormtrooper helmet

There are many different models of the standard Stormtrooper helmets, with various special components that are changed with development and research. In this model (above) enhanced optical equipment creates holographic images of the enviorement, protecting the eyes from bright light and lets the soldiers see through various barriers such as smoke, darkness and fire. Optical equipment inside the helmet varies from simple lenses to optical vision prosessors. The helmets have cooling systems and atmospheric prosessors, making it possible for the soldiers to act their best at any time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, since the helmets internal stuff is changed all the time, we can pretty much build whatever we want, and since the text sais that some of them have normal lenses, I'm just going to use the green film that comes with my helmet and make the black foam as seen in the photos around those on the inside.

Also I'm going to make most of the parts on the sides look pretty much alike, but change the front parts abit.

We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 weeks later...
In this model (above) enhanced optical equipment creates holographic images of the enviorement, protecting the eyes from bright light and lets the soldiers see through various barriers such as smoke, darkness and fire. Optical equipment inside the helmet varies from simple lenses to optical vision prosessors.

So even with all of the enhanced, visual stuff, we can't hit Han Solo or something as big as a Wookee? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Dark Side Sith Lord said:

Allright, so here are the scanned photos of the helmet, front view and side view.

----------

that looks FX to me :unsure:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Yeah, it does look pretty FX'y, but arent the eyes on the FX much sharper at the bottom? Those could have been fixed though, atleast the chin portion of it looks alot like the FX helmet along with the loose chin piece, so I guess it is an FX.

Oh well, atleast this shows that the FX helmets are sort of canon afterall then :P

Guest Bezerkus
Dark Side Sith Lord said:
Yo, Riddell pictures! Yo!

Here ya go Dark...

http://www.starwars-tw.com/replica/riddell/stormtrooper01.jpg

not a great shot of the back, but all I've seen, maybe someone has the actual helmet?

Edited by gmrhodes13

Bezerkus said:

Here ya go Dark...

------------

http://www.starwars-tw.com/replica/riddell/stormtrooper01.jpg

not a great shot of the back, but I'll I've seen, maybe someone has the actual helmet?

Thanks man, just what I needed.

I had seen photos of the side of it, and I saw padding inside after the two boxes at the side, but didnt know if the padding went around the whole back of it.

The way I'm making mine is to have a box at the back you see, and I wanted to see if the Riddell helmet did have a box at the back of it so that I could make it to look like that, but now that there is only padding back there and I need that box anyway, I can pretty much make the box to look like whatever I want.

So the setup will be -

The box at the back will contain a voice amp card.

Some of the padding displayed in the Riddell helmet will be placed between the back and the side boxes.

The side boxes will work as 9V battery holders, one for the voice amp, and one for a fan.

Speakers will be added behind the aerators and will be made to resemble the Riddel parts.

The front part of it looks to be too large, so I will make a custom piece of stuff at the front of it instead.

I will also make the internal ear pieces even though these wont work, they will cover the bolts on the inside.

Also I will make some parts to cover the inside of the decaled areas as these are meant to be radiators or whatnot.

And the whole thing will be painted black on the inside.

- - - - - - I hope atleast. <_<

Edited by gmrhodes13