I have an announcement.

TK-4510

I have done my best to notify the people who would approve my actions. It appears that I have Tony's approval. The chain of command (Paul) has known my plans for months. I also am bringing this to the table for you (everyone) now. I ask for your support. I only want to provide legitimate American accurate ABS armor to the troops. I think we should all put this BS behind us as Joe says. I put it all behind me a while ago. The armors lineage is watered down (thank you :angry: TE). To me its open format. ATA, PT, VAJ TE2, TE, CAP, CAP-W, and a whole slew of others are making this armor. Mine will be slightly different though. The chest will be different. I am modifying one of the biceps to actually fit. The ab plate and buttons will be more accurate. The shoulder bells will be deeper. The upper thighs are getting a resculpt. The cheesy belt is totally the wrong size and it getting re designed. The Thermal Detonator is getting resculpted. I will be providing accurate decals and paints, canvas belts and straps. Flexible dark lens. Frown mesh. British brow trim and accurate neck "s" trim. The whole 9 yards. This (for me) will be THE armor.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul is without power, but read the thread on his phone and asked me to lock it.

What will ultimately determine Mike as an armor maker is transparency of his armor and molds, something PT and others have been dishonest about. Time will be the judge of all, before there is anything to been seen most discussion is irrelevant.

Let's clear the air folks and get the record straight:

1. All TE derived armor is *not* the same. To say that TE, TE2, ATA, CAP, PT, AP, T/MC, etc. are the same is incorrect at best and misleading at worst. Every maker has something different in terms of parts, accuracy, quality of bucks, etc. Every time one of them revises a mold or creates a part from scratch further indivudualizes their work. I have held AP, ATA, CAP, and TE2 in my hands and they are *not* the same as some people make you believe. So lets stop saying otherwise.

2. The 501st does not condone recasting. Period, end of line. If anyone thinks FISD or the Legion will sit by and let there be an open season, you can think again.

3. Transparancy is a core value of FISD - and you can read it baked in to our charter. Anyone who wants to sell on these boards has to show clearly their lineage and have it vetted, else they're not welcome here. That is not up for discussion - it's been a fact since we started.

4. If anyone has recasting accusations to bring against someone, then bring it. But if you bring an accusation, you better bring your proof too. In the end, if the person being recast doesn't care then we don't care.

We're not the recasting secret police to run around persecuting recasters, but if a complaint is brought forward it will be dealt with swiftly and with the same transparancy that we've dealt with all other issues in the past.

But I will warn this - saying "it's all the same" is wrong and untruthful, and that kind of FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) will not be tolerated.