Rik's AM build thread[*AM]

I cant tell you anything about the height my friend and I am far from an expert, but I did personally use a heat gun on 2 different suits when working with the biceps. I had the same problem with my both my AM kits, they just didn't fit around my arm they way they came from the molds. I did sand down the return edge to help give a better fit before turning to the heat gun as a last resort.

The TK bicep is done with the natural overlap of the armor, and has been sanded and been gone over with a heat gun VERY carefully as not to make a bigger mess than I was trying to fix. ;)

The TX on the other hand was done with the original joint and cover strip method. And has not yet been sanded or heated.

IMAG0568.jpg

IMAG0567.jpg

Here are some completed shots of the same piece.

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

Hope that helps....

A ton! Thank you, I have big arms, 17" but am only 5'10" I have always just been able to put on muscle, which is why the AM I have a 38" waist and 46" chest. I ended up cutting about a half inch off the bottom, they were just pinching the crap out of the inside of my arm from being to long. I bought a sealing iron, so I figure I can redo an nice smooth return edge.

I needed some good close ups big time, everything I could find was a side view and I needed a downward shot, thank you!:D

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

Edited by rikarus

A little update, arms and bi's are curing, but I had to trim and even though I bought a sealing iron the finishing edge thing is going a little poorly so I need to hit up one of the experts in the finishing edge thread.

Cut front crotch loose aka Panda's build, and have kidney setion assembled, chest and back are coming along but need some tips on perfect fitament before I trim any more than I have (see below) I want to thank all the people who have went before, I am jsut a happy little parrot doing what you guys have shown me! I did get to break out the duck-tape Mana-me what an awesome little tool for fitting when you are assembling solo!!!

Any tips pointers or corrections are more than welcome!!! :D sorry in advance for the sucky flash!

photo8-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

and my stormy has company while he is in the second b-room....

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

Edited by rikarus

OK, did a bunch of trimming, fitting, and finishing edging (thanks panda works like a charm now), and put togeth my mid sectin strapping.

I have very broad shoulders, and the top of the chest was a pain, I think I botched the straps and may need to buy a new set pop them off and try again, thoughts anyone?

here we are, I think I have the sides on the back and chest plate right but please correct me if I haven't or need to tweak them. (the Tape Me is very handy for fitting)

100_0625.jpg

100_0626.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0630.jpg

Started my thighs using panda's directions, works like a champ! Out of curiosity is everyone glueing the backs? I am thinking I can slide my foot through fine on finished product and jsut curious.

100_0637.jpg

100_0636.jpg

Then wrapped up AM helmet, it's been ongoing for a while, and I just built it with what came with it versus screen sccurate since I am getting a new helmet anyhow. Juggling the three pieces is rough on a noob! :-p

100_0631.jpg

100_0632.jpg

100_0633.jpg

• 1 month later...

Time for a well over due update. I have to finish back seems on legs and calves, but it seems pretty difficult to get good marks solo, so need my GF to help.

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

My VT helmet next to my AM helmet (VT on Left)

IMG_1594.jpg

My VT Helemt in good light (feedback welcome I think i did great but I am still a noob, ear stripes, and green lense not installed yet, just followed VT build directions and build tips from here....that Rustoleum performance white is awesome!)

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

Annnnnd My Hasbro Droopy Build, and Droopy pipe build in progress (anyone have powe cylinders they dont come with pipe kit!)

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

In response to your question regarding the backs of the thighs, mine are glued shut. I made sure that the sizing was small enough to be form-fitting to my legs, but just large enough to get my barefoot (or rather, socks-only) Size 12 feet through the opening.

The calves of course are not glued in the back, but clamshell open, with velcro holding them closed - as opposed to the screen-accurate method of using small hooks.

I think it's coming along great. One thing you can do is just velcro the backs of the thighs at first and troop a few times. This way you know you can do a few hours in the suit in different movements and be OK. The only caveat is to remember that velcro does add some space and give a little flex, so when you remove the velcro and glue direct you may loose some circumference.

I'm actually pretty surprised how many people seem to get it right on the first go - for me at least it takes a few troops and adjusting between each before I really feel I have it where I want it. Ideally you should get to a point where you can get in/out of armor by yourself in 5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, was searching, but getting all sorts of random results, is there a link to installing the lenses, trying to get them into my VT helemt and it was sort of .....not good....so I stopped and decided to research before I ruin the greens.

How to attach lenses

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=14185&pid=172175&st=0entry172175

My suggestion for the cod and butt: you've cut the cod but don't tuck it under the ab. If its too long trim the top inch off. The AM butt isn't curved under enough. Heat the poity part and curve it under the crotch more.

Make sure the thighs are as small in circumference as possible. If they are too big they will interfere with the cod, etc.

Also, trim away the return on the ankles. It messes up the sizing and you don't need it.