Wich you prefer ,Storm or Sandy

Quebectrooper

Those of you who have both costumes, wich one you like better and why.

I have a lot of extra parts layin' around and i'm wondering if i should build a Sandtrooper.

If i don't like it maybe i can just leave it on a mannequin.

Edited by Quebectrooper

I don't have a Sandy, but I do have a Heavy Weapons Trooper which is basically a sand trooper w/o the dirt and grime.

Wearing the shoulder pauldron limits my range of motion in my right arm. My huge gun is so awesome looking, but has to be carried around with two hands so I can't wave or high five anyone when I'm walking along. It's very cumbersome and gets heavy by the end of the troop. The backpack I got has very comfortable straps on it so my shoulders never hurt from it, but while trooping with it, it will feel like I'm not even wearing a backpack at all, but then after an hour my body starts to complain and it hits me all at once and I have to get that thing off as soon as possible! It's weird that it's not a gradual thing, it's more like: "hmmmm, my back is feeling a little stiff" and then 2 minutes later I'm thinking: "I don't care if people want another picture, I'm heading for the door to the changing area to get it off and get some relief!"

All in all, it's fun to pull out the HWT for certain events, but I can troop longer and am much more comfortable as just a regular TK.

post-8302-078339300 1290036545_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluehickey

What Ryan said exactly. Between TK and TD/HWT I much prefer TK. The big accessories certainly are cool-looking, but after a while they become very cumbersome.

As an example, the last time I donned my HWT stuff I lasted about two increasingly uncomfortable hours before I HAD to get it off and just be a regular TK. Once it was off - I felt light and nimble enough to do backflips in my armor.

I sort of base what I will wear based on the event.

If it's fans that are familiar with SW, I'll go with my TD. They like the pack and the BFG, and all the weathering and details. If you set up your pack correctly, it's not too bad. I can wear mine for a long time and it doesn't really bother me. Carrying a somewhat heavier BFG is a little cumbersome, but since it has light and sound FX, people love it. :) You have to be careful with a big replica weapon though if you're in public.

People that are less familiar with SW don't care so much for the details of the TD, so a TK works for them. If it's a general event where I know there will be lots of younger kids, and more interaction, I'll go with my TK. I can go "weaponless" at hospitals and such, and no one notices. If you go as a TD without a weapon, you look a little naked so to speak.

I like them both. The TK is great especially when there are a bunch of us, or when I want a lot of freedom of movement. I used to wear the sandy more when there were already a bunch of TK's and especially for events where I had a lot of room.

If I could only have one costume it will be the TK, but the sandy will always remain #2 in my heart.

Those of you who have both costumes, wich one you like better and why.

I don't have a TK right now — will again soon though — but I love being sandy!!

I don't have a Sandy, but I do have a Heavy Weapons Trooper which is basically a sand trooper w/o the dirt and grime.

Well... not really... but we'll let it slide. :P

I sort of base what I will wear based on the event.

If it's fans that are familiar with SW, I'll go with my TD. They like the pack and the BFG, and all the weathering and details. If you set up your pack correctly, it's not too bad. I can wear mine for a long time and it doesn't really bother me. Carrying a somewhat heavier BFG is a little cumbersome, but since it has light and sound FX, people love it. :) You have to be careful with a big replica weapon though if you're in public.

People that are less familiar with SW don't care so much for the details of the TD, so a TK works for them. If it's a general event where I know there will be lots of younger kids, and more interaction, I'll go with my TK. I can go "weaponless" at hospitals and such, and no one notices. If you go as a TD without a weapon, you look a little naked so to speak.

Yes, fans LOVE the sandtrooper! I get compliments every single time we troop. People seem to want more pictures with me than they do with all the other troopers. Or they'll "call me aside" to get a picture with just me after taking a group shot. Or me and Boba Fett, etc., etc. Maybe it's because I'm the "odd one" of the group. I don't know. But they love it.

And yeah, I can wear my pack all day and be fine. It's not heavy really at all. Just have to watch if I'm in tight places.

So I am looking forward to having a TK again because they are "easier" to dress in. But the TD is my love for sure. There's just something about it that screams "real stormtrooper!" B)