TMC's AM kit build[*AM]

Well it here!! the big brown box of white plastic!?!?

This will be my first build but I do have a lot of experience with white plastic as I have many (80 or more) hours into re-building a rubies kit. Also many years with plastic models and R/C so building and painting should go well.

I would like to start at the top (lid) but do have questions about the helmet...The mic tips are faucet aerates...is this normal? Should I change them? The helmet is a front, back and top and some of the accents don't seem to be accurate but I should be able to work around them. The frown has decals for it...I should cut it out and paint...Right? Thinking an ANH build for this one but would like to use the lid with the rubies (the armor will pass the test but not the lid) and wanted to keep both...Yes?..No?

If anyone has done this kit please speak up as I can really use the help...oh btw it is from Troopersupplies.com

TMC

My suggestion: start with something small like the biceps before tackling the helmet. You'll find that your skills improve once you start with small parts up to the bigger ones. It's one thing to mess up a bicep slightly (no one notices) but if you cut your eye holes too big, it will be too late to fix them and people will notice that something looks wrong.

Start small and work your way up!

Hi Tom.

You can get accurate mic tips in the sales section. Can you post a photo of the helmet?

2010-11-11_16-44-40_81.jpg

Not the best pic but here it is....sorry I cant seem to make it any larger

TMC

Edited by tmcp51d

My suggestion: start with something small like the biceps before tackling the helmet. You'll find that your skills improve once you start with small parts up to the bigger ones. It's one thing to mess up a bicep slightly (no one notices) but if you cut your eye holes too big, it will be too late to fix them and people will notice that something looks wrong.

Start small and work your way up!

Cutting, sanding and gluing plastic is not to hard for me...with all the mods to the rubies suit I just about built from it from a kit....besides the eyes are already cut out.. :)

I did not went through the process of building my armor (got help from a local trooper), but I was there and I saw it wasn't that hard. It's just putting the piece where it should go and cut

You could always use the help of a local trooper ;)

Have you taken a look at these threads / tutorials? Perhaps they will help. :)

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=1101

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=13069

BTW: that's an FX helmet with a new dome that you have, as AM does not have a "new" AM helmet yet.

Have you taken a look at these threads / tutorials? Perhaps they will help. :)

BTW: that's an FX helmet with a new dome that you have, as AM does not have a "new" AM helmet yet.

Just found them....Just what I was looking for!!!

Thanks So Much,

TMC

OK on to the details...Question on the brow piece, the on in the kit is a soft black foam strip that sticks to the helmet. Is this screen accurate or should I change it? How high should it be? The instructions say to have it cover the split between the front and back..is this OK?

Thanks,

TMC

Here is the helmet so far, before I go on to the interior I need to order mic tips w/speakers in them as I want to have sound in the helmet...

2010-11-13_13-12-36_784.jpg

Well on to cutting and sanding the rest...going well so far

TMC

And the assembly of the shoulder bells and biceps:

2010-11-18_18-59-07_879.jpg

Snaps and elastic straps to hold them together, cloth for the tops...now on to the chest...BTW great info here many helpful assembly tips and as you can see Ive used them alot...thanks.

TMC

And the assembly of the shoulder bells and biceps:

2010-11-18_18-59-07_879.jpg

Snaps and elastic straps to hold them together, cloth for the tops...now on to the chest...BTW great info here many helpful assembly tips and as you can see Ive used them alot...thanks.

TMC

BTW: you can use a heat gun to resize the shoulder bells if you want them a little more accurately sized. The AM ones are very wide. Just heat on either side of the outer seam, and squeeze the bell together. It helps quite a bit.