TMC's AM kit build[*AM]

2010-11-24_13-00-02_813.jpg

2010-11-22_11-17-53_520.jpg

The bottom of the armor...it is assembled with snaps on the side and Velcro for the tops and bottom, all with elastic for movement.

The belt was made by my girlfriend by sewing together 4 layers of white canvas.

TMC

2010-11-20_17-48-07_975.jpg

2010-11-24_13-23-55_695.jpg

The interior and exterior of the helmet. I used the guts of a baseball batting helmet...no just waiting to get the electronics and I can finish it up.

TMC

Looking good, nice progress!

2 fixes: the tube stripes on your helmet are a bit too low to the sides. They should be about 1/2" or so from the "valley" of the cheek tube.

Also, if you make some 45 degree cuts on the corners of the belt, it will look a bit more accurate.

Belt corner trimming

Looking good, nice progress!

2 fixes: the tube stripes on your helmet are a bit too low to the sides. They should be about 1/2" or so from the "valley" of the cheek tube.

Also, if you make some 45 degree cuts on the corners of the belt, it will look a bit more accurate.

Belt corner trimming

Thanks Panda...I know I messed up the tube stripes, new ones are on the way. Will fix the belt...Thanks for all the help (your build threads) you are the best...

TMC

Nice job, especially given that AM was designed for guys much larger than yourself. :)

How about bringing up the drop boxes an inch or so, and clipping the corners on the belt?

And needless to say - definitely get a different helmet. I'd be suprised if you could even move your head in that thing. :P

Nice job, especially given that AM was designed for guys much larger than yourself. :)

How about bringing up the drop boxes an inch or so, and clipping the corners on the belt?

And needless to say - definitely get a different helmet. I'd be surprised if you could even move your head in that thing. :P

Yes being a thin guy I had to do lots of trimming and sanding...Already trimmed the belt, will raise the boxes up. The helmet is large but the pictures do make it look worse than it is...I can move in it. A new helmet is next on my list but I do want to finish this one first...any suggestions on which on to get?

Thanks for all the help and advise

TMC

OK so here is the finished product....sound system is in, blaster holster attached, hovi mic tips, and finished the details. I'm feeling good about my first armor build....I am now known as TK4450...

TMC

Sept_Oct_Nov_2010_100.jpg

Sept_Oct_Nov_2010_094.jpg

Sept_Oct_Nov_2010_102.jpg