E11 weathering

Hello all. I got my blaster acouple of days ago and have done some weathering on it. Does this look o.k or is it a bit over done. I also made a couple of small mods, scope lenses, front sight, d ring. Would this blaster be acceptable for EIB when the time comes?

Thank you for your time.

Rob

007ca.th.jpg

006ad.th.jpg

004oyc.th.jpg

002fo.th.jpg

Edited by matt black

Looks good!

I just weathered my SDS blaster some last weekend as well, but I might add some more with your pictures in mind.

How did you attach the cocking handle?

Thanks again for the positive comments troopers. Locitus, I cut down a nail then dremmeled the cross section into the end. Then I drilled a hole in the spring section of the gun and filled it with grab adhesive then pushed the nail into it. I then covered the nail with black heat shrink tube that is for use with wiring.

Weathering is fine, quite convincing.

2 things I noticed: did you "age" the grip with a metallic paint? Hard to tell in that lighting. That grip should not be too distressed and definitely not metallic as it is plastic on the "original" gun, the Sterling.

And your Hengstler is sitting a bit far back compared to most screen used E-11s.

Thanks for the tips ObiHahn.I did age the grip but not as much as it looks in the pics. I did'nt know that the real sterling grips were plastic so I will probably re-spray them black. Do you think that the counter being too far back will matter much or should I try to move it?

Thanks again,

Rob.