TK weathering

A few people have done it, but heavy weathering and/or battle damage isn't considered movie-canon. However, the "lived-in" look, i.e. light weathering, is acceptable as that's what was seen on-screen.

Still, Brian summed it up nicely. Dirt is for sandtroopers. :td:

Yeah, I think the "lived in" look adds a definite feel of realism. I know it seems to be gospel to be screen accurate, even the accuracies that make it look like a prop but I feel that going for the perception is a better approach. I mean, the goal of the movie wasn't to make you say, "oh look, I see the strings, cool", it was to make you believe what you were seeing.

That subtle weathering looks great, btw.

Yeah a tiny bit to a screen accurate TK looks cool, but not in the same degree as Sandies, Snowies or Bikers apply.

TKs usually waltz about a spaceship playing darts in the mess hall or having a sandwich in the canteen lol. Not much dirt in those places ;)

Just put a little bit on

The easiest way to get that lived in look is to just toss your kit in the bin and not worry if things rub together. I already have scuffs on several parts of my armor, and the paint is starting to ship on the hand plates (thanks Karin!) as well as paint rubbing off the boots.

I'm in agreement with all:

- lived in look/scuffs :

fine for any TK costume

- light weathering, particularly if using the blackwash treatment used on some clones, as well as paint chips, etc. are actually preferred.

EU TK's only: Heavy Weapons, TK Commander, Incinerator Trooper -

- heavy weathering, especially using lighter colors and sand effects

Best used for sandtroopers

Yeah... what everyone is posting as 'weathering' is more like 'wear and tear' and that is AWESOME for a TK!

"Weathering" to me is DIRT and SAND.

Of course I've probably had my head in the sand for too long. :P

Iam giving my TK also a good "wear and tear", Steve (SW1) told me to use black newspaper and some black pastel. Works great, also added some scuff marks with some black rubber. Dont forget to add the scuffs etc on the inside of some armor parts to get a realistic feel to it ;)

On 10/31/2010 at 11:59 AM, No said:

----

And battle damage to the HWT. B)

Here here!! lol.

For a TK, just a good and natural "trooped in" weathering looks really good. At first, I used to polish it constantly but then realized that just keeping it cleaned up was enough, natural scuffs and marks make it look more realistic.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020