T-Track Fabrication

TK_LEPER

plastic injection molding might be a lower cost production alternative, just a thought.

ive been looking into getting a benchtop model like this... eventually :blink: details here http://www.injectionmolder.net/

Galomb-Model-A-100.jpg

also i have a machinist friend at school that could possibly make the aluminum molds at cost ( technical collages could make dies or molds at a very low cost) ;)

Edited by dashrazor

plastic injection molding might be a lower cost production alternative, just a thought.

ive been looking into getting a benchtop model like this... eventually :blink: details here http://www.injectionmolder.net/

Galomb-Model-A-100.jpg

also i have a machinist friend at school that could possibly make the aluminum molds at cost ( technical collages could make dies or molds at a very low cost) ;)

Could he make the an extrusion die for me?

If you are getting these made I don't see why you don't get them made accurately. Add the bottom arch. You aren't cheating unless you were to grab one of Gino's or Saberfreak's T-track and directly copied it. There is reference Material out there.

Ouch! :)

Could he make the an extrusion die for me?

i just asked him, he would have to get the go-ahead from his instructor to use the schools machine shop first ( i would also need the specs of the blank dies and the specifications to fit the extrusion machine ect... before hand) there are several different styles of dies, but i would assume something like this would be what they would need. it looks like high carbon steel to me but it could be aluminum ?? also you might want to check with the plastics company to see if it is acceptable to provide your own dies..Aluminium_extrusion_die_front.png

• 2 weeks later...

If you are getting these made I don't see why you don't get them made accurately. Add the bottom arch. You aren't cheating unless you were to grab one of Gino's or Saberfreak's T-track and directly copied it. There is reference Material out there.

why make T Track if you don't make it accurate according to the KNOWN shape.

I personally would not want you to go to all this trouble, and then not be able

to offer a product that is worth your time.

why not have the inner arch?

also, these need to be made out of a hard material, not a rubbery type.

if you go though all this trouble, it's a mistake to "make your own" profile.

the inner arch is very important to the way the track sits on the models.

glad to see that you're interested in making a product.

just wish that you'd "go all the way!"

cheers! best wishes!

I would definitely buy several sets of super accurate T-track to have lying around if they were as cheap as TK-4702 suggest.

I actually work with plastic myself, but mostly just molding special rods, of very fragile type plastic. However, sometime early next year we are going to buy a plastic extruder, running mostly PP and PE plastics. Will be fun to see how much work it will be to build a T-track die for it.. ;)

Edited by Amplexor

in the grand scheme of things, i don't think gino's t track is unreasonable. i had the saberfreak stuff already when he came out with those, but had timing been different i'd have gone that way.

by that point i had close to $1000 into my E-11 already, so what's a little more for really good t-track?