Rubies - Is this worthy ?

Merlin83

No, Rubies is not a good kit, for a number of reasons that I'm sure others will enthusiastically explain about. This topic has been discussed over and over...please take the time to read through some of the threads about this topic. It's overpriced, inaccurate, and not acceptable (at least not without substantial modifications) for 501st acceptance, let alone EIB. However, if all you're looking for is a Halloween costume, then it might be a good route for you to go, since you could probably wear it out-of-the-box.

I don't know much about the "details" everyone talks about as I am VERY new to all this and learning alot from this site. I can tell you I did buy a Rubies almost 2 years ago....$750 or so is to much to pay (mine was $550) I do have mine fitting well, with a complete rebuild and many hours with a Dremel tool, but I would much rather put my time into a 501st acceptable set (which I will soon) but in the meantime I have a very cool Trooper "lookalike"

TMC

Edited by tmcp51d

Tom - if you already have the kit you realy have two options: sell it and get something else or else be prepared to put some time, sweat, and a little money in to making it 501st acceptable. It can be done and has been done by two people that I've seen, but you'll need to replace several key parts. Not for the faint of heart, but achievable :)

No Dont want to sell it I have way to much time into it.....it was a great learning experience.

I would like to start from scratch but just trying to find,I think, the FX or something like it.

TMC

Edited by tmcp51d

Rather than start from scratch you could make a really good ROTJ trooper with this armor. That would be my recommendation - less work & less cost than starting anew.

Yes that may be true but reading all the info about the rubies I will at least need a new helmet plus the mods to make it right. Starting from scratch would not be that much more...I think? and i did enjoy "working" the rubies into what it is. TM armor a good start? Is it still ava?

TMC

• 3 weeks later...

I like how they said "collector Edition Helmet".. Yikes, That is a laugh. I have seen this helmet close up and it is garbage. it looks squished and elongated. plus you can't see very well from lenses. As Paul mentioned.. upgrades to ROTJ are possible

Edited by Trooper Q2