ANH Hero and Stunt considerations

I am in a quandary.....

Years ago, I had a GF Stunt helmet.I liked the look, but I am still hung up on the Hero. So when I started thinking about TK armor, I decided to go hero. So, in assembling my build pieces, I ordered Hero handplates (Thanks, Karin).

While I was looking about for decals.....a nice trooper( Thanks MIke!) pointed out to me that the ATA kit I have coming is a STUNT.

Back when (several years ago) when I first researched the TK buckets, I thought the only difference was the number of teeth cut out and lenses.......I did not realize the difference in the actual frown. To what extent can a ATA be made to look hero? Also, how does this impact my desire to go EIB?

If I have to go stunt, I will, but I will have to get new handplates.....SIGH!

J.

Edited by BlackDOG

you can order hero ears from ATA. 3 bump. lenses, teeth, frown size. ears and painted helmet details all are in the hero design lid.

I've seen TM lids in the hero style that are exact replicas down to the warping around the teeth on the faceplate.

VT sells some nice hero designs in the faceplate as well.

the hero design actually was used in the production of the MRCE, so you could do a mod into the hero style

with a basic MRCE and mod with new lenses, paint, and the ear mod I did for that included thinning out the ears and

changing the number of bumps from 4 back to 3. even added more material to the ears to make it right.

you can pass EIB hero with any helmet with 3 teeth cut, bubble lenses and the proper paint.

I did hero EIB with that pesky modded MRCE...

you should be able to hit the mark fine with a properly assembled ATA

paul explains more fully below on why it's not impossible to go hero...

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

It should be a non-issue. For 501st & EI acceptance the Hero isn't really broken out in such detail. 

Option: Hero Configuration

An ANH EIB applicant may opt for a Hero configuration, which is defined as meeting all of the Stunt requirements above but with the following variations:

* Lenses must be green bubble or smoke bubble only, not flat

* Ears have only two screws used per side, one above the ear bump and one at the base of the helmet

* Only six teeth total should be cut out, three per side.

Perhaps later this or next year we'll break out the ANH Hero from stunt and add more requirements such as correct number of holster rivets, correct ear bump count, and correct hand plates, but not until we have some other projects completed.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/18/2010 at 4:24 AM, firebladejedi said:

Why does everyone keep on about hero hand plates? there is no such thing - just type 1 and type 2???

That would be me. I used this term to make a differntiation between these 2 stiles, as there one was seen with this "hero" helmet.

If we can find another terminology, I'm all for it

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/18/2010 at 7:28 PM, Sonnenschein said:

yes, indeed :)

And here's a regular trooper wearing the "rare" type 2

How about calling them "standard" and "alternative"? "1" and "2" is a little boring ;)

----------

Karin

Sounds good to me mate :duim:

That's what they were always called so makes sence to stay with what we know :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

okay...

then maybe at some time in the future, when the hero and stunt EIB requirements get divided, we should change this aswell

Option: Hero Configuration

* The holster should be attached to the belt using four fasteners instead of two

* If trapezoidal latex hand guards are used, then should be of the Hero pattern instead of Stunt (see visual references)

those handplates look really thin, and at the wrist they look like they are cut with a slight curve, not just a str8 line.

the thumb part on hero plates looks moulded in a curved shape. almost 1/2 of the plate curves down towards the thumb.