CE - any pics and stories

Exodus

Now that FISD is back up an running, how about some CE pics and stories.

I believe I say a pick of John with his Space trooper backback on a UK site. John was that you?

HI guys,

CE.

It was planned that me my two sons and brother were going.

I was planning also meeting a few guys from fisd. one of the main people i was looking forward to meet was paul aka Tm. Numbers were exchanged but paul couldnt make it because of his son. This was a shame because Tm had spent ages making a cool mini trooper outfit for his son. On the day before my son became ill and it was touch and go as to whether we were going to make it. Anadin extra works wonders so we got up at 6.30 am to make a packed lunch.

Finally we arrived at CE after about an hour and a half travel time. I must say the exel center is class all the way.

Loads of different things happening all the time but there was very little info on times an events and locations.

We did catch a seminar introduce by warwick davies. It was very interesting but the sound was a tad quiet and it was sometimes difficult to hear what was being said. After a while we decided to get a breather and go for a pint outside.

On the way back in we bumped into rick mccallum! I managed to get him to sign my programme. Very nice guy as well. I did try to get a pic with steve sansweet ,but his "people" were a bit frosty!.

Overall it was a brilliant day with plenty of pictures taken.

-------------

If anyone wants to see some pictures click on my banner below to take you to my myspace.

cheers all

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I did a quick post of thanks on the 501st boards. Several European garrisons contributed in a BIG way (especially those Belgian guys). I did not have a cam, since I was a full time volunteer and in armor most of the time. The UK garrison is very strict about remaining in character (esp. buckets on ALL the time you are in public), so walking around with a camera wouldn't have worked. My biggest thrill was running into Albin during my lunch break and joining him and his wife.

The best trooping experience was participating in the sound stage production of the Tantive IV boarding scene from A New Hope. Hopefully there will be pics of that posted soon. It was absolutely mind-blowing to be on that set with the cameras rolling. (And I did NOT bump my head while walking through the door!) 30 years ago, as I was watching the opening scenes of ANH for the first time, I never would have guessed in a million years that some day I would be one of those Stormtroopers boarding the Tantive IV! Talk about a dream come true! WOW!!!

Once I get my hands on the FISD group photo, I will pass that along. Our banner was proudly displayed in London!

I had a great time at CE did a lot of trooping with my local club mostly as Vader but i did get to put on my trooper armour for a few hours sat afternoon evening which was great fun :rolleyes:

I have put a few pics on photobucket follow the link to see them, here are a few of them :duim:

CelebrationEurope12-15July2007351.thumb.jpg.66a7169638a911068afc3776c6c2437b.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Great pics Mark. I especially like the SE-14R in action and the "display" picture.

Your album reminds me of a question I have (and for all CE attendees): Can I have a high res copy of the empty Tantive IV corridor? (CelebrationEurope12-15July2007017 from your collection)

Hi Ed i will send you what pics of the corridor i have, they were not finished building it when i took that pic and the lights were only half on hense the grainy pic, standby...

The se-14r is the perfect length for trooping with and very light weight too :salute:

Sorry I missed it guys. Looks like you all had a blast. I recognize Bob standing there in the mix.

how many people attended? were there long an impolite person lines there too?

I want to see pics of the after party:)

Hey Wyatt, got some goodies for ya buddy.

CE was indeed a blast, very crowded, very hot but very good fun.

that was indeed me in the photo, representing the MEPD with a little talk about tupperware and muck. It was all a little bit last minute but i think i pulled it off, there were the same amount of people sitting there when i'd finished as was when i started :lol:

i'll try and find some stormtrooper related photos of the event.

oh, Mr Danters space pack went down a storm. good work Wesh fella

Ha ha Great pics!!!!

I saw Jhon D. on Bolivian TV!!

And there was a cool pic in the Newspaper of two TKs walking Past some London cops, they were eye balling each other :D

Celebration Europe was awesome! I had a really good time in London. It is always great to see so many other troops around!! I didnt see a lot of the convention because I spent almost all my time at the 501st booth, but who cares *hrhr* My highlights were the evenings in the Fox pub ;)

Hey Simon: thanks for doing the panel!! It was a bit chaotic there but you all did an awesome job!

Pics:

Natalie of my garrison made a lot of pics, mainly in the pub in the evenings, but there are a lot of nice group pics as well :)

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13

And there was a cool pic in the Newspaper of two TKs walking Past some London cops, they were eye balling each other :D

that was a cool shot, that was me and my sandy brothers and sister (the one with the mahoosive T-21 is a girl) :blink:

Schaf said:

Pics:

another TK pic--------------

That "thumbs-up" trooper... that would be me... :duim:

:peace:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Well, that means we need to find another chance to troop together! :pint1:

sounds like a really good plan to me ;) Dragon Con next year?

*then I'll forget the camera again and we will have to find another possibility to troop together...where I will forget my camera....*

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH ;)

sorry for the OT

----------------

This is the pic that came out in my local paper and TIME

Edited by gmrhodes13